He's Alive

This chapter continues where the last one left off :) What happens is that someone quite important is contacted and brought into the picture, so no major action yet, but I'm hoping to bring some action to the story pretty soon :) I'm thinking the next chapter will involve a confrontation between James and Carlos ;P xoxoxo, Brooke

_____________________________________________________________________________

If this was what it was like to have a nervous breakdown, then James never wanted another ever again. Sitting in the bathroom, his back against the wall, hiding away from the world. This wasn't too different from what he did every day. Hiding away from the world, avoiding people as much as he could to avoid getting hurt. He had to keep going, though. He had to protect his safety the best he could.

He missed his old life, though. The one before he was abducted from his home. When he woke up each morning to a hug and kiss from his mother, awkward exchanges with her fiance (who was probably her husband now), meeting up with his friends and walking to school...that had all been taken away from him, and he would never get it back.

He wanted revenge. Carlos said that it wasn't worth it, going to prison, but James wanted to make the bastard pay. The last years of his childhood were ripped away from him. He would never get to have those experiences he planned for his last year of high school because it was too late, all because of that sick person.

He narrowed his eyes, glaring at the wall.

Knock! Knock!

"I need to use that bathroom please!"

"I'll be right out!" He gulped, standing up and putting his hands under the faucet before exiting the bathroom, heading through a door into an empty staircase. He sat at the top of the first set of stairs, taking out his cell phone. He had eight calls from Carlos, much to his annoyance. Logan had called him five times. He was so mad. Logan would soon know everything and his cover would be in danger.

As much as he knew that he could be in danger if he went after the guy, he didn't even care. All he had to do was get a hold of some kind of weapon and hunt his dad down. He could make him pay. He could make his father feel sorry for ever hurting him. Then he could have closure and he could forget everything that happened.

"Damn, I need a cigarette." He mumbled, reaching into his pocket. He took one and lit it, taking a drag and exhaling the smoke. It was probably against the law to smoke inside a hotel in any area not designed for smokers, but he was sort of past the point of caring. Now he was just indifferent to everything around him. No big deal, right?

Right.

"He's not in the restroom!" Logan complained as they desperately searched building.

"Hold on!" Carlos came to a stop in front of a white door. "I think I saw something."

Quite timidly, he pulled the door open and, sure enough, James was sitting there with a cigarette between his fingers.

"You need something? Because I need peace and quiet."

"Are you kidding me right now?" Carlos scoffed, promptly taking the cigarette away from him. He was visibly frustrated, but neither of the boys wanted to see him destroying his lungs. Logan really couldn't believe how much James had changed, nor that he was actually alive. His mind was just...his mind was spinning.

"Leave me alone, okay?" James started to walk past them, but Carlos quickly grabbed him before he could leave. Logan would have just let him go, but maybe that would have been a bad idea. James was obviously not in his right mind and it would be nothing but disaster if he went out and did something crazy.