Chapter two

Umiko's POV

Umiko's POV

After stepping through the portal, I feel all of my blocked up energy release from my body, making my eyes become blinded by multiple colours. The main colours that I could register are brown, red and blue. Eventually my vision clears and my eyes catch site of two humans struggling to fight low life demons, so in a blaze of light Hiei, Kurama and I land on a tree branch near them before making our Demon Energy known to them. This scares away those low lives, causing the humans to stare in wonder. "That worked...whatever that was." The black haired human says to the carrot headed human. "It seems to me you could use some help." Kurama speaks up, causing the humans to look up at the branch we are standing on, whilst Hiei says, "If those nothings were too much for you, we're going to have some serious trouble." I however choose to remain silent for now, for I am aware they have all been acquainted accept for me and the carrot head of course.

The three of us then leap down from the tree and land in front of the pair, making them both gasp. "Well well well, the thieves." The black haired human says as he stares at Kurama and Hiei, leading to Kurama replying with a simple, "Hello." The same human then decides to interrogate them, "What are you doing here?" This question makes Hiei decide to speak, "Even that fool Koenma knew it would take more than human power to kill the four saint beasts." Kurama then adds, "By aiding in this mission Koenma has assured us we can clean our slates in spirit world."

I hate the fact I am not yet acknowledge but patience is key. I must remember that.

The human who has been talking so far releases a laugh before saying, "I guess Koenma heard me complaining. Hey Kuwabara let me introduce you to these guys..." So carrot head is called Kuwabara? At least I now know his name. Because of this I am now able to identify the black haired human as the new Spirit Detective, Yusuke Urameshi, who continues to speak, "That's Hiei and that's Kurama." Kurama smiles at Kuwabara and politely says, "A pleasure." Hiei says nothing, making the detectives eyes land on me as I am standing beside Hiei. Curiosity fills him as he asks, "Oh sorry kid, but who are you?"

Why does everyone judge by size?

I take a deep breath to remain calm before answering his question, "Forgive me detective Yusuke Urameshi, but I am not a child for I'm the same height as Hiei. But to answer your question, my name is Umiko, I am half Demon and half Elemental." Yusuke stares at me in shock and confusion as it is most likely that he is unaware of the existence of elementals. I give him a friendly smile before then turning to Kuwabara and speak to him, "Kuwabara is that your last name? If so I'm sorry I can't tell you my last name, for I don't have one." Not anymore. "But it will be an honour to fight beside two humans who are willing to put up with us demons." I say to the two in a joking manner. Kurama releases a chuckle at my jokes, whilst Hiei looks at me. Kuwabara seems to choose not to respond to my question and instead says, "Well I don't have a clue what's going on but it sure is nice to have a helping hand."