Chapter five

"So human you have proven to be quite a worthy prey

"So human you have proven to be quite a worthy prey." Byakkos voice called out to us and Kuwabara replied "Hey aren't you...dead yet?" To which Byakko replies, "HA! Very much alive..." Before Byakko could continue I say, "Byakko old training partner, can you just let us walk into your lair already so that I can get myself moving like a river and not as still as a rock?" Everyone was confused and so I used telepathy to hear Byakko's thoughts "She has grown. I would enjoy fighting her instead of that human."

❄❄❄❄❄

Everyone was staring at the lava pit bellow us that had some stone platforms for anyone to try getting to Byakko who was on the other side of the room. "That's..." Yusuke started and Kuwabara finished "lava!" He then ripped a piece of his sleeve and let it fall into the lake of lava to watch it burst into flames at its touch. "Wow" Yusuke spoke as Kuwabara began to speak "We better not fall into that guys."

"A fine view isn't it?" Byakko spoke "This is my private chamber, I come here to...play." and he begun laughing at us. "No way he's back to normal!" Kuwabara exclaimed as Yusuke speaks his mind "Monster you've pissed me off!" This made Byakko laugh again as he spoke "You have already discovered this room is built with lava that will melt anything it touches. So does anyone have the courage to come and challenge me?" Of course Yusuke was willing to jump in as well as everyone else, so as they argued I jumped to one of the platforms and planned my strategy but Kuwabara tried to step forward still not noticing I had already beaten him so I performed a spell "Taiga wa, watashi ga aruku michi o iku hitobito ni anata no miwomamoru kara o tsukurimasu." (great river make your protective shell on those who are on the path that I walk.) And soon a clear transparent dome formed around my team not allowing them to interfere. This made them react in many ways.

Yusuke: "Hey how is this water not letting us fight and not evaporating in this heat!?"

Kurama: well he just gasped and stared at me in shock.

Kuwabara: "HEY GIRLS AREN'T ALLOWED TO FIGHT! IT'S PART OF THE MANLY CODE!"

Hiei: he stared at me with curiosity and a little bit of fear.

I ignore them as Byakko starts laughing and says, "So the little rain cloud wishes to fight me? This should be quick." I smiled before speaking again, "Watashi no chūjitsuna buki, watashi wa anata o shōkan shimasu." (my loyal weapon I summon thee.)

A white hilt with ice shards coming off of it appeared out of my stomach, I started to pull the hilt away from my stomach and the hilt grew into an ice blue sword with white shards coming out of it, this was Masanori which means "model of justice" my ice spirit sword. "I see the sisters taught you how to summon a Spirit Weapon and claim it as your own but that won't stop my Tiger scream from destroying you." He had begun to prepare his tiger scream whilst I waited patiently and when he fired it I jumped to the left and he continued firing as I continued dodging. Just as I predicted there were three platforms left before he decided to grow his claws and throw them at me. "UMIKO!" yelled out Kurama and Yusuke but I used Masanori to deflect them and spoke "You are weaker than I remember." This made Byakko go furious as he tried destroying me with his tiger scream but I dodged him twice leaving me on the last platform that had a medium distance to the platform Byakko stood but too far from the boys, when they realised they all started to worry about me whilst Byakko was laughing and calling me a fool however I was calm. "How will you escape Umiko? You can either die by my hand or give yourself up to my master." Byakko said and I replied with, "Even if all my loved ones died by the hands of the river I would never join him!"

I raised my sword and yell, "Ōtsu nami!"(GREAT TSUNAMI) the whole lair begun to shake and suddenly a large Tsunami of water appeared behind me (surprisingly not effected by the lava) and charged towards Byakko as he fired his tiger scream.

Yusuke's POV

The Tsunami and that scream thing collided and the whole place was filled with steam. "What happened?" Kuwabara asked and then the steam disappeared and all we saw on the platform was a blue shirt and trousers but no Umiko! "Oh no..." Kurama gasps out, whilst Myself and Kuwabara glare at the laughing tiger and shout at him, "MURDERER!" But then the weird ice dome disappears and a soft voice screams "BOO!" This makes us all jump including Byakko, which leads to him falling of f his platform and into the lava. It is then I am able to see that something was dangling off the side. And that something was Umiko, but she looks like she's trying to hide from us but why?

"Could one of you who isn't a pervert pass me my clothes?" Umiko calls out to us, making me and Kuwabara realise... "UMIKO IS NAKED!?" Kuwabara yells with excitement and was about to attempt to see her like the idiot perv he is, whilst I notice Hiei start to pull out his katana. Probably to kill Kuwabara and possibly me if I decide to have a peak. Suddenly, Kurama pins down Kuwabara and takes hold of my leg before speaking, "Hiei how about you go and help Umiko with her problem."

❄❄❄❄❄

Hiei's POV

After Umiko was sorted and hands me my coat back Kurama asks, "Umiko how did you do that?" I too was curious of this. Her beautiful blue eyes landed on all of as and she spoke "Whilst you were arguing on who would fight Byakko I made a plan knowing he would find a way to corner me so...."

❄❄❄❄❄

Flashback
Umiko's POV

As the tsunami and tiger scream was about to collide I whispered an old spell my sensei taught me "Watashi no chūjitsuna ken yo, watashi to kizuna o musubi, teki no haigo ni shinobiyotte kudasai." (My loyal sword, bond with me and sneak me behind thy enemy). I then felt my body start to liquify and I quickly threw Masanori towards Byakkos platform and my body went with it before I returned to my normal form and Masnori was summoned away and sadly I was naked.
End of flashback

❄❄❄❄❄

Hiei's POV

"Sadly I haven't performed it many times, hence why I wasn't able to do it with my clothes, but I'm working on it." She finishes with a smile.

Umiko you surprise me.