Chapter Twenty Three - Brother Mine.

We entered the flat to find Sherlock passed out on the couch. I walked over to him.

"Sherlock sweetie, Mycroft is here." I said gently shaking him. He opened his eyes and smiled at me then he looked over and saw Mycroft and frowned.

"Hello Brother Mine." Mycroft smirked. Sherlock sat up abruptly.

"Keyland will you excuse us a moment?" Sherlock said stiffly.

"Erm, alright I'll get ready for tomorrow then..." I said headed off to my room. I put in my earbuds and listened to ABBA so as to not hear what was going on in the living room. If it was important Sherlock would tell me later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Meanwhile in the living-room~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It seems to me you have developed quite an attachment to Keyland brother mine." Mycroft sniffed.

"What of it?" Sherlock snapped.

"You must be careful to whom you give your heart." Mycroft appealed.

"What do you care?" Sherlock said standing up off the couch.

"She comes from a family of villains." Mycroft jeered.
"She was adopted." Sherlock sassed.

"Yes but now, I think you are selfishly compromising her safety." Mycroft quipped.

"What? How so?" Sherlock sputtered.
"Richard Brooke." Mycroft said carefully watching Sherlock's reaction.

"What about him." Sherlock hissed, with a bitter look.

"He poisoned you. Isn't it obvious. He will get rid of anybody in his way when it comes to Keyland." Mycroft said feigning disinterest.

"So what?" Sherlock wavered.

"If you really want to protect her, distance yourself brother mine. That way you can save her from his wrath." Mycroft claimed.

Sherlock sat down hard on the couch, his head in his hands.

"Think about it..." Mycroft tossed over his shoulder as he left the dorm. He nearly tripped on a large bouquet of red roses. He tossed them disdainfully into the room and slammed the door behind him.

Sherlock was out of his mind with worry. 'If Richard poisoned me, Keyland really is in danger.'