1

Ambrose didn't feel it coming

Usually the teen could tell when he was about to have a coughing fit and call for a nurse to be there and make sure he was okay.
But almost out of no where it felt like the oxygen tubes around his face weren't giving him enough air.
His coughs shook his whole body as he leaned over the side of the bed.
The loud coughs were dry and painful hurting Ambrose's chest and throat as each one escaped his body.
It was even worse when he felt blood pooling in his throat and slipping past his lips with every cough.
"Hey! Are you okay?"
A man rushed into Ambrose's room his eyes wide as he watched blood pour from the boy's mouth.
Ambrose shook his head as more coughs racked his body.
"Hey! Somebody help! He needs help!"
The man shouted loudly outside the room.
Ambrose's eyes widened as he saw the large puddle of blood forming on the floor.
"Sir please wait outside."
Dr. Langdon told the brown haired boy as the nurse sedated Ambrose to ease his lungs.

Ambrose woke up wincing at the bright light. 
The dark circles under his eyes had gotten incredibly darker and his skin almost seemed paler than before.
He noticed that the small tube around his nose had been replaced with a full oxygen mask.
"Ambrose, how are you?"
Dr. Langdon asked softly, the boy like a son to him.
Ambrose sat up slightly taking a huge breath of air before sliding the mask off.
"As good as I can be Andy."
Ambrose gave a weak smile to the man, the doctor smiling right back at the use of his first name.
"Ambrose, this is Stefan Salvatore, he wanted to check on you and make sure you were alright. I'll leave you two."
Ambrose nodded to Andy as he left them alone.
Ambrose held the mask to his mouth taking a deep breath.
"Thank you so much for what you did, I'm Ambrose as you probably know."
Stefan gave a weak chuckle.
"Uh yeah, I'm Stefan."
The brown haired boy smiled.
"So uh I have Chronic obstructive Pulmonary disease-"
"You don't have to."
Stefan quickly told the boy, not wanting him to think he was owed anything.
"I want to."
Ambrose gave a smile taking another breath from the mask.
"I was sixteen when I was diagnosed, I'm seventeen now."
"What stage?"
Stefan asked softly crossing his arms with a frown.
"Three."
Ambrose gave a weak cough holding the oxygen to his mouth once again.
"Is there anything I could do Ambrose?"
Stefan tested out the name on his tongue.
"Just call me Brody."
Ambrose gave a smile to which Stefan chuckled nodding.
The Salvatore turned to the door ready to leave.
"Oh Stefan,"
He turned back to the boy as he inhaled once more.
"Yeah?"
"Could you bring me a book?"