Chapter 9

Jolting awake I looked around sliding the tips of my fingers on the puncture scars that there wasn't stuck in me that the thick needles were a vivid dream that was still haunting me over the years, glancing over to Elena she was still asleep with the blanket kicked off her.

          I stepped out the car locking it from the inside with the keys jiggling in the front pocket, the bullets from yesterday were floor cold from the freezing night Throughout the night I was shivering practically begging for some Blanket God to toss me a warm-cozy blanket that I will love very much, and care for it as if it's a trophy.

          When I entered the restroom the cramps were now dawning after having to deal with the blood battling war, it sored through my stomach making me ache over the counter wanting to desperately rip my own uterus out. Living in a dystopian world and the leaders of America still couldn't make a pill to permanently rid of cramps, this was one the reason we demanded more women in office.

            I struggled out the restroom after finishing my business of tempering if it's possible that my own uterus hates me or if my stomach was continuously burning like charcoal, it was tempting enough that I wanted to just end it here and now. I popped in two advils sorts of contemplating if taking a third or fourth will overdose me, but driving out the parking lot I forced my thoughts from the pain to focus on the streets.

          It was slow easeful drive tapping a beat on the bridge of the window I turned the radio on nodding to the indie music playing, it filled the car touching every nerve with a nice melody touch to it. It danced around playing it's cooed beat of guitar in the air with the female singer making the song sound smoother with a brokenness to her.

          After an hour of driving Elena was asleep surprised that she can sleep that long I impulsively reached over to check her pulse, worried that she died, but this girl was still kicking assuming she was simply tired from the long week. The poor girl did have to cradle the bodies of those she loved, it must've torn a fury in her heart.

           I was familiar with that rage and still am, but if she wanted to use that fury in her heart I wanted her to use it where it was going to cause a change reaction, not to coward behind people to embrace that rage and use it against your enemies. I was scared of that man for years, even now I am wanting to hide behind people, he got his hands April I'll be dammed if he tried that on Elena.

          Elena jumped to the front seat buckling herself in the seat as she nodded to the music that played, she hummed to the song giving me a small sad smile that didn't reach her eyes, but I was glad that she was doing better compared from two days ago. We looked at one another singing to the song that buzzed in the air.

            I tapped the wheel mouthing the lyrics while Elena swayed her body side to side appearing to be having a great time, the first time in days we were attempting to focus on the drive and empowering song making us dancing in our seats. I held this child's hand in mine feeling a spark of danger that flared around us, it was a power that I never knew I was craving for until now.

            Although, deep inside there was always the fear of meeting Balles the scared child that hid behind strangers carving out more time to waste, even though I wasn't the hero Katherine and I were dreaming to be someday. I knew I rather use the furry inside to destroy the man that murdered my sister, to watching him suffer blissfully.

            After a few hours of driving I stopped at the gas station showing Elena how to opened the lid to refill the gas, she gave it a try herself using the key to open it the lid which took four tries until she calmed herself giving the last try ago-when the lid opened I chuckled impressively.