Chapter 1

I woke up, earlier then expected. The sun went through the windows and right into my eyes. It's like when you go to an eye appointment and they flash this bright, damn light right into your eyes. Like, if my vision wasn't bad before, your little death ray tool just might make it bad.

A subtle yawn went out of my mouth, as I was spinning around my bed, looking for the colder area. And then it hit me. No, really. It hit me. My dad's hand is like  the worst and best morning alarm you can have. He gave me a soft slap on my shoulder blade. But, as annoying as it was, it made me happy, knowing right away in the morning that he's feeling okay.

''Morning hunny, are you ready for your first day of school?'' He said with excitement

''Yes, just a little more daddy'' I mumbled.

''Come on now, you don't want to be late.'' My dad said, lifting me up from the bed.

''It's okay dad, I can do it by myself.'' I said with a corky smile. Oh, and if you didn't know, corky is a mixture of cute and dorky. You learn something new everyday.

''Okay, hun. I'll be downstairs. Don't forget to lock the doors when you go out.'' He said and quietly left the room.

I wanted to lie down on my bed again so bad, but he's right, I don't want to be late.

Oh, and If I didn't mention already, my new school is a music one. Yup. Basically, my dad thinks I'm the best singer there is, which is completely wrong, but flattering. I can also play the violin quite well.

I wobbled to my drawer, while gently touching and twirling the ring that I've never taken off. It's special, my dad told me that my mom gave it to me, so I decided to never take it off. I opened the drawer and picked a cute, pink laced skirt and a basic white top to go with it. I held them in my hand as i made my way to the bathroom. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth, put on the clothes and some makeup. I also brushed my long, thick hazel-brown hair and sprayed some perfume on myself. I exited the bathroom, and went downstairs to eat breakfast. I usually eat alone, since my dad got sick, which is kinda boring. I sit there, chewing my food while blankly staring at a wall. I took a quicky look at the clock just to see- I'm almost late!

I quickly stood up, took my violin case and yelled ''I'm going dad!''

I unlocked and opened the door. It felt like I was going into a new dimension or something, considering how sunny it was. I stepped outside onto the porch, and slowly closed our heavy, black door.

''Which way again?'' I quietly asked myself, but someone seemed to hear.

''What are you looking for, I might help you.'' A calm, bright voice said. It was some girl, she looked my age.

''I'm looking for this adress, I'm a new student at the school which is there.'' I said as I showed her a paper with the hand-written adress.

''Aren't you in luck, I also go to that school. And I'm going there right now. Follow me.'' She said, with a smile, turning and going towards the school. - ''By the way, my name is Anna, what's yours?'' she asked.

''I'm Jessica.'' I shortly answered. She does seem nice, but it's still akward talking to a stranger.

''So, Jess. Can I call you that? I'm guessing you recently moved here, right?''

''Yeah, me and my dad bought that house three months ago.'' I told her pointing at our house.

''Oh'' - she took a moment - ''And what about your mom?''

''My mom died in a car accident, when I was little.'' I said with my eyes suddenly facing the floor.

''i'm so sorry I asked, I didn't reali-'' She said before I interuped her.

''No, it's okay. I barely remember her. It's always been me and my dad, since I can think of. Anyways, where do you live?'' I asked her, changing the subject

''I live in that white house over there.'' She said as she turned and pointed to her house.

''Oh, that's nice. We live close to eachother.'' I told her with a smirk. ''Anyways, how long is the was to the school?''

''About 15 more minutes.'' she answered.

We kept walking, untill we finally reached the school