Chapter 4

While all the people were passing by, one guy lightly held my shoulder and said ''Don't mind him'' as he went into the school.

I was a bit shocked, i took a few seconds and asked Anna ''Who was that?''

''Meet me at lunch'' Anna said ''I'll tell you all about it''

We then went into the school together.

------------------------------

First class was singing. Thank God. Something I'm not gonna embarrass myself in the very second day of school! 

Me and Anna were in the same class, with Mr. girl seducer over there and his, I'm guessing, band members. I think the one on his right is the guy I met earlier infront of school, but I can't tell, I couldn't take a good look at him. 

The professor came in, while Anna whispered to me ''That's Mr. Samuel. To please his taste, you have to be like Beyonce. So goodluck.'' 

I lightly laughed at her statement, but when the cold look of Mr. Samuels eyes passed me, I decided to close my mouth.

''Okay class. I see some new students here today. I would like them to introduce themselves, and sing any part of any song afterwards.'' The professor said

Thankfully, I wasn't the first one to go, with a few student before me. They all sang pretty good, If my dad think I'm good, i wonder what he'd say to that.

It was finally my turn.

I stood up, and went to this stage-like area. I felt like I was having my own concert. It was a bit nerve-wrecking.

''Hey. My name's Jessica Price, and my main talent is singing. I can also play the violin. I recently moved here, and decided to attend a music school for the first time.'' I detaled

''Okay, Jessica. what will you sing for us?'' The professor asked me, with his tone being a bit calmer then I expected

''I'll sing Cross My Mind by Twin Forks, if that's okay.'' I said. I've always liked that song, It was catchy and had a good message, I think. I don't know, I listen to music for the music, not the text.

''Yes, that's fine. You can start.'' The professor said, crossing his arms.

I started of with a sutle whistle, because that's how the song begins. The song had a fast and cheerful beat. Then I proceeded:

''Girl it's really good to see you come around, I know you've been lost I'm glad you got found cause I've beem, a little lost myself~''

''Found an old picture of you on my phone, got a new feeling that I won't let go. 'Till I can, I can tell you're for myself~''

''Why don't you stay a little while? It's been to long since I've smiled, there's too few people I truust. I won't ask you for too much, good converation and such, and If I'm being honest..''

And here come's the main part I'm most nervous about.

''From time to time, you cross my mind. Good company is hard to fiiind. From time to time, you cross my mind. So stay with me, just for tonigh.''

I finished the song with some more whistling.

I glanced at the professor, and he seemed to have a satisfied face. Shortly after, I heard a few claps, and I felt proud of myself. I sang good, and hopefully that twat got alittle intimidated. 

It felt good.

I went back to my seat, with Anna lightly squeezing my hand. 

''You were amazing!'' She said with a big smile

I grinned and told her I'm thankful. 

I took a short look at that Mike guy, and he had one eyebrow lifted. Was that because of me? I wanted to scream how proud I was. The guy sitting next to him, the guy who I though was the one I saw infront of the school, approved my act with a thumbs up.

Heck yes.

The class ended, so me and Anna went to the cafeteria. We sat at a table with a couple of other girls. 

''Jess. these are my friends.'' Anna said, introducing them one by one ''That's Stacy, and that's Sarah.''

''Nice to meat you, I'm Jessica, call me Jess''

From all the Korean dramas I've watched, I had the urge to bow to them to show respect, but I decided not to and just shook their hands. It's not like this is Korea.

''Okay, so Jess made this idiotic bet with Mike, and they're going to have a singing competition at Berny's.'' Anna said

''Mike?!'' The girls said almost simutaniously

''Anyways, we're going to help her. It's us four against Mike and his three band members.'' Anna continued

''What are their names?'' I asked her

''Mike, is the leader and main singer in the band. Andrew and Simon are the guitarists and Luke is the drummer.'' Anna said ''If we want to beat them, we have to practise, alot. The competition is in three days and we have no time to loose.''

''Can you all come to my house today, I have an instrument room!'' I proudly suggested

''Yeah, why not?'' Sarah said

''Okay, then. We'll meet at 5pm at your house, okay? I'll come with Sarah and Stacy because they don't know the way.''

''Okay, I'll see you there.'' I said, just as the bell rang, and we all split up and went into different classes.