Statues, Jungles and Mishaps

When Sarah and Mark signed up for this expedition, they didn't really know how dangerous it would be. Sarah, a red haired and freckled woman, had left her wife and foster kids at home to go on this expedition with Mark. He was a tall, bulky, and black asexual man who had married the CEO of an architecture firm. They shared a passion for dangerous quests. Both worked on a secret company that tracked down antiques for museums. Their mission was to find an Aztec statue in the south of Mexico. They only had one clue, but it was a big one. While doing research before the trip, they had found an old book with information of the statue and the coordinates 90° West and 20° North. Now, with a compass and a backpack full of resources, they were on their way to find the statue.

Until now, the trip had gone smooth. They were now camping for the night near the place where the statue was supposed to be. The next day the explorers would pack up everything and within a few hours of journey they would get to their destination.

In the morning, they took down the tents, washed themselves in a nearby river and left. After three hours of walking, the pair reached the exact spot where the antique should be. Sarah took out some shovels and they started digging. The statue was supposed to be three inches tall and two inches width. Small but valuable. Mark was the one to hear a metallic sound while digging his third hole. Sarah ran to his side to help him, and after a few minutes, they unburied the statue from the ground. They stared at it, amazed by its shininess, even after so many years, the piece looked new. They made sure that there weren't any traps around them and put the gold piece on the bag they had prepared for it. Once they were ready to leave, they turned to the direction they had come from and walked home. And they lived happily ever after.