Statues, Jungles and Mishaps

Oh wait, they didn't. As soon as they walked three steps, the floor shook and disappeared from underneath them, and they fell on a marble prison. On the wall there was something drawn, it showed the statue, someone stealing it and then, a skeleton with the gold antique in its hands. The pair looked at each other in concern, they both knew for an instance that they had no way of communicating with the civilization from this part of the wilderness. Looking around, Mark spotted a shiny square on a corner full of dust. He reached for it, recoiling his hand when a spider crawled besides the square. Sarah, who had also seen the object grabbed it without a problem, flicking the arachnid from it. The piece of gold had an image of the same people of the wall getting free out of the hole. Mark furrowed his brow in concentration, and finally snapped his fingers like he had found an answer, which he had. He took the shiny piece from his partner's hands and strode to the wall with the drawings. He took out the image with the dead body and inserted the new-found piece. Slowly but surely, the floor began to rise again, leaving them land leveled. Sarah stared at Mark in astonishment. "Nice" She commented, "but we should get going." They collected their backpacks, which had been thrown on the grass and made their way back to civilization.

A few days later, they landed home and were greeted by each of their families. The statue was then given to the director of the National Museum of Anthropology in Mexico City to be exhibited with the rest of the antiques. Sarah and Mark were paid and were now ready for a time of relaxation. That is, until their next adventure.