Prologue

Jayfeather

"StarClan is restless," I mewed. I blinked my blind, blue eyes. "There is something that they are not revealing."

"What's going on?" asked my brother, a golden tom with amber eyes. "What's going to happen?"

"I don't know, Lionblaze," I sighed. "They haven't sent a sign yet."

"Jayfeather!" came a meow. Someone was approaching, and I sensed that it was Dovewing.

I padded over. "What is it, Dovewing?" I asked.

Dovewing's eyes were wide with confusion and fear. "I heard something... I don't know what it is. Can you figure it out?" she meowed.

I nodded. "Recall what you heard," I told her, and I "looked" into her mind.

The noise was all around me--the clopping of hooves, the flapping of wings, the meowing and hissing of cats, and zapping noises like lightning. Worst of all, I recognized a voice in the jumble of noises... but of someone I never wished to sound like this.

Then, all ceased.

I heard a shuffling of paws. "What could it mean?" Dovewing mewed.

Lionblaze's voice. "I have no idea, because I don't know what you heard. Did you see anything?"

Dovewing. "No. I was hunting in the forest when I heard it, though."

"It's a message from StarClan. It has to be," I meowed.

"What is it, Jayfeather?" came a voice. I couldn't see who it was, but I recognized the voice of Bramblestar, our leader and my foster father.

"Dovewing received a message from StarClan," Lionblaze mewed. "Jayfeather was just about to interpret it."

Suddenly Squirrelflight--the Clan deputy and my foster mother--spoke. "What's going on?"

I growled in annoyance. Why all the attention?!?!

"All I know is," I hissed, "that it's something to do with horses and cats!"

Silence.

"Hey Dove--" came Ivypool's voice. The silence broke her off.

"SERIOUSLY!!!" I yowled.

"What!? What did I do?" Ivypool mewed.

Then, I noticed the fiery outline of a StarClan cat. Suddenly it disappeared, and I heard voices.

Help him, Jayfeather!

Where is he?

Find him, Jayfeather!

And then, along with the confused meows of my Clanmates, I felt myself go unconcious.

 -----------------------

AN: Hope you enjoy it so far! I will probably post chapters daily, so be sure to follow me for more! Also, I may hold a character contest next chapter, so if you want your OC to be in my story, be sure to check that out! Only three will make it (or if they're especially good that I can't choose, I may choose more)!

May StarClan be with you!