Chapter 2: Forced

Kaiya's Perspective. As I saw Mark fly down the hole I couldn't bear to watch, I just sent my best friend to his death. But I had to do it, he was a danger to society. By become a Gunked or my preferred term, the 'The Chosen' you became way more powerful. I tapped in the password as I walked into the HQ with my head held low. I could feel the other's eyes watching me. "It's done" I said. Their glares fell away. Some part of me hoped that Mark would survive. Although he didn't believe it he had powers too. My power was mind reading his, well nobody really knew, that was the special thing about him. I sat down in my office and began some research. Some people  think that our group of people is evil. Throwing people into pits to die. I know, it's horrible. But it's what we need to do. If they were in our position, if they knew what we had to deal with. They would understand. Sometimes people go crazy even before the pit. Then we have to deal with them in another way...

Sadly over half of the world was infected. A horrible virus spread across the earth a couple of years ago, back then we didn't even know about the gunked. That 'Virus' caused people to go insane, it makes you lose control of yourself. Seeing as we lived in the most infected part of north america I expected that eventually one of us would get infected. Just why did it have to be Mark. He was such a good kid, got good grades, could deal with stress. But most importantly. He was a friend...

-Mark,

Sorry this was so short But I wrote this late at nice. Just keeping my promise. I may edit this later but I hope you guys enjoyed.