Chapter 3: James

I woke up with what seemed like a bruise on my back, my whole body was aching. Seeing as I just fell through a giant pit, that was reasonable. I felt my body shaking. I wiped the tears in my eyes. Forget about her, I thought. Right now I just need to focus on finding my surroundings and stating what I know.

#1. My best friend pushed me down a pit.

#2. Now I'm stuck down here with the monsters.

#3. It's dark and I can't see anything.

And Number 4 I thought... There was something coming up behind me. Just as I thought that a giant fist swung into my back. I got knocked against the hard floor as my chin started bleeding. I turned around to see a tall boy and muscular boy standing in the shadows, and that's when he stepped out. And I noticed he wasn't a boy at all...

He was had long black claws on his hands instead of nails, and his eyes, they were bloodshot with an animalish like look to them. He almost looked like a demon I had read about in my book. He walked towards me again as I saw red veins bulging from his skin. I expected him to attack me again, but instead he fell to his knees. "Please" He said his voice just like a growl, "Finish me off" I backed away as he slowly walked towards me. "You don't know what it's like, I've been here for ages, slowly losing my sanity, look what I've become, you need to kill me." my back touched a wall.

"No..."

"I can't kill a human."

"That's Murder." I said. With nowhere to go he grabbed me by the neck as his strong hands lifted me off the ground. "Come on Mark, do it for me."

His voice seemed to have changed, a voice that was very familiar, it wasn't a growl anymore, it was a gentle kind voice. It was James's voice. My old best friend, They said he moved, but they lied. He had changed so much. The old James was a kind person, always ready to help, would do almost anything for the greater good. He had good looks, good grades, and a good life. But now, It seemed as if I didn't even know him.

He gripped my neck harder as I struggled to breath, "KILL ME" He screamed his voice back to a demonic growl. He gripped me harder and harder as he slammed my head into the wall. I grabbed a pocket knife from my belt, I could feel myself losing consciousness, I was dying. Blackness entered my head, I had no choice, but to do it.  I unsheathed the knife, held it up, and plunged it into his heart.