home

the street was dark and the night was frigid; rain cascades from the sky. it was official. i am completely lost. i continued walking down the road until my eyes were drawn to a small building titled "gramercy cafe", accented with a surplus of red lights. i cover my head, protecting myself from the pouring rain as i sprint toward to entrance. upon my running, i hadn't noticed a man mimicking my actions, leading to the both of us plunging towards one another, unintentionally. my body slams to the sidewalk. a loud yelp escapes my lips, "what the hell, guy?!". his tall stature plummeted over mine. he was utterly shocked. "look, i'm so sorry hun! really, it's not my fault- actually it's both our faults!" he jokes, lifting me to my feet. I shook my head out of pure annoyance. finding stability, I stole a glance of his face. his hair scruffy and blonde, curtains his deep blue eyes. attractive nonetheless. i take a deep breath before saying, "do you know where we are? i just moved here and i don't feel like sleeping outside. i need a ride to my apartment in Santa Cruz if you wouldn't mind calling me a cab? the Jameson apartments to be exact" he raises his eyebrows and a smile traces his lips as he spoke, "what a coincidence, i live in apartment B! we're neighbors! it's about 30 minutes from here, i'd gladly give you a ride..." i allow myself to smile, "cherry, yes like the fruit, and you are?" he motions for me to shake his hand, "River, like a stream of water. let's head out of here, the rains only gonna get worse. also, i would love you to meet my roommates!" he chuckles. i raise my eyebrows and chase behind him who was already halfway to his car.

— Jameson Apartments—
i step out of River's car and we approach the building. i clutch my key in my hand as we walk up the first flight of stairs. "hey, I know it's late but would you like to meet my buddy's before you call it a night?" i shrug my shoulders, "why not?" i smile.
he unlocks his door and we are greeted by two shirtless guys, about my age, fighting over what seemed to be a bag of cheetos. "aye, Keanu, Jason! cut the shit and say hello to our new neighbor!" i enter their home and was instantly welcomed with an inebriated hug from one of them, almost knocking me to my feet. "woah there, Keanu. you need to calm down, don't scare away Cherry here" River exclaims, closing the door and making himself at home. i had assumed the other guy was Jason, as he was the only one who wasn't as rambunctious and hadn't yet been addressed after i had entered. he peaked my interest.
i allowed myself to sit on their couch and scan their humble manner; piles of clothes galore. "so, Cherry? is that like a nickname?" Jason piped up. i shoot him a toothy grin, "actually it is. my real name is Cheryl, courtesy of my grandmother. i've gone by Cherry my whole life though cause Cheryl is literally the ugliest name on the planet. you're Jason, correct?" he smiles and brushes his voluptuous curls out of his face, "indeed i am. it's quite a pleasure meeting you, darling" my face began to burn up. boy, was this man a looker. "i'm Keanu!" Keanu screams from the tail end of the couch. "so i've learned! it's a pleasure!" i yell in response. he seemed not to have a care in the world.
after a good hour and a half of talking, I decided to head on home, seeing as how Jason and i were the only two people awake. the time read 12:35 a.m. as I stepped inside my decent sized apartment. boxes were scattered about the partially decorated living room, trailing into the kitchen where I'd whip myself up a nice bowl of cereal and soon drift off into a deep slumber.
     that night i dreamed of my family. i missed them dearly, though i couldn't bare to stay a minuet longer. i was a singer; a pretty good one, and very musically inclined. i was offered a scholarship at at Boston's school of music and i was forced to decline. overcome with sheer rage, i did only what i though was right. move away. i currently don't regret my actions.

— morning; 6:30 am —
     i was startled from my sleep as i heard a loud bang on my front door. my eyes widen and i shift around for something to protect myself with- just in case!
     edging closer and closer to the door, i slowly unlock it and scream bloody murder as the opposing person went in for a hug. i soon realize i knew who it was and launch the umbrella i had been holding ever so tightly.        "god damnit, Keanu! what the hell are you doing up so early?!" i bark, pulling him into my apartment. he laughs and starts toward the kitchen, "well, the boys wanted to stop and grab groceries, maybe breakfast. you interested? Jason's gonna be there" he raises his eyebrows and purses his lips. i shake my head and pour the two of us a cup of apple juice, "and that's supposed to mean?" he slugs a sip and continues, "i saw the way you guys talked last night. bow chicka wow wow! you gave him major sexy eyes!" i slap his arm, "i most certainly did not! also, how would you know? you were so drunk last night, i'm surprised you even remembered your name. i literally just met him. for all i know he could be a psycho." he shrugs, "i dunno about that one, Cherry" i finish off my cup as he waits patiently for a response. i exhale deeply and answer, "i'll go but not because of Jason. im hungry and I need to buy groceries before I starve to death!"
Keanu allows for a toothy grin to stretch from cheek to cheek.
     i'm really going to like it here.

— chapter 2 will be finished by Thursday the latest my darlings :) please enjoy, vote, comment and share !! xoxo