𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖊

1 | odeya

I didn't know what time I woke up. 11:30 or saktong 12 pm? All I know is that I'm screwed for being late, as always. I stood up from my bed ignoring the throbbing pain that was starting to form.

Great, sakto may migraine ako.

I was supposed to meet up with my mom at Max's Restaurant and I know that she's, for sure, fuming with anger by now. I began rummaging through my closet to look for something decent to wear for lunch. I chose a plain white shirt and black skinny jeans paired with my white converse that looked slightly yellow-ish due to it's old age. The shoes has been with me for as long as I can remember.

I took a bath and brushed my teeth, slightly taking my time because I still have to look and smell decent. I finished doing all that and wore the clothes I've picked and spritzed some perfume behind my ears and my clothes. I put some lotion on my arms and moisturizer on my face. I shoved all necessary things I needed when I'm out and took my car keys from my desk, knowing that if I book a cab it'll take me forever.

"Nako, sana di ako patayin when I get there" I mumbled to myself as I went out.

♠︎

I parked my car and quickly headed towards the elevator, not wasting anytime. Buti na lang di ako nag-heels kung hindi madadapa ako dito. I was practically jumping up and down on my place which earned me confused and annoyed glances from the people who were riding the elevator the same time as me.

I speed-walked as the doors opened, spotting Max's Restaurant not too far from where I was. There weren't much people so I quickly spotted my mom who was wearing a gray blazer paired with a gray pencil skirt, looking stern as always. Also noticing my cousins and tito's and tita's were there, already eating. Damn, ganun ba talaga ako ka-late. I puffed out my cheeks and let out a breath. Fingers crossed. She won't kill you, Ode, you're her daughter.

I almost choked on my spit as her head snapped towards my direction as I went inside. 

Mother's instinct.

"Hey mom!" I greeted, sheepishly. I gave her a peck on the cheek, also greeting my other relatives who were still munching on their food.

"You're late" Mom sighed, looking at me with a frown on her face. She motioned towards the others and spoke, "Sorry we ordered already. We didn't know if you were going to come or not" 

I shook my head, "I'm sorry guys. I slept in late I had to finish all of my assignments–"

"Diba, iha, homeschooled ka na?" Tito David asked.

"Yes po, I finished it so I could spend time catching up with my cousins. If that's ok po" 

"Oo naman Ate Ode! We missed you kaya" Patty exclaimed as she was a few seats away from me. I giggled at this and winked at her, "Missed you too, pat"

"Eh paano kami, Ate Ode" Enrico pouted. 

"Of course! I missed all of you" The little kids were beaming with happiness as I said those words. Paano kasi, they're kinda spoiled because of me and I became their "Ate" figure.

"Oh sige, bukas na ba hangout niyong magpi-pinsan? Mamaya na natin pag-usapan, pakainin niyo muna si Ate Ode, for sure di pa yan nagbre-breakfast" Tita Amy teased.

I nodded and looked out for a waiter, seeing a guy with long hair wearing a black button-down long sleeve and red trousers. He stood there talking to three teenagers who surprisingly had the same hairstyle as him except for the other guy that was wearing these orange shades inside a restaurant. Inside

"Hey kuya!" I called.

He didn't turn around which confused me for a bit.

I blushed in embarrassment as one of the guys, who he was talking to, pointed at me making all four of them look towards my direction. My eyes widened at the attention they were all giving me but I shook it off, raising my hand up and motioning him to come forward.

He looked confused for a bit, pointing at himself with an eyebrow raised, "Ako?" He mouthed.

I furrowed my eyebrows confused as to why he was baffled that I was calling him. I slowly nodded and he looked back at his friends who were all smirking at him. He scratched the back of his head and walked towards my direction.

Nako, ang bagal bagal pa. I'm starving to death.

"Yes?" He asked, once again he looked back at his friends who had their phones out.

"Umm... I'd like to order?" I asked. 

His eyes widened a bit and he shook his head slowly. He looked back at his friends who were stifling their laughters. Their faces were red by now and they looked like they're gonna suffocate soon. 

"Um... Miss? Di po ako ano– um... wai- waiter" He stuttered.

I turned to look at my mom and relatives who were now intently listening, also seeing Tita Amy chuckling slightly. I licked my lips and gave the boy in front of me a sheepish smile, "Oops, sorry. I noticed your clothes and thought you were a waiter" I mumbled. 

The real waiter went beside him, holding up a notepad and pen in hand. I noticed that the uniforms were in fact different

Lutang nanaman ako.

 I based the staffs' clothes with the color of the logo kasi. I blushed even more, probably looking like a I was slapped muliple of times.

"Yes, ma'am? What's your order?" The real waiter asked. 

The guy who I thought was a waiter glanced at me and the real waiter before he quietly scurried off. He's probably embarrassed too.

After I've ordered I turned to look at my mom who now had a teasing smile on her face.

"Ok, go on. You guys can laugh" I mumbled before covering my face with my hands.

As I said that, every single one of them bursted into fits of laughters making me embarrassed even more. I could feel the tips of my ears and my cheeks heating up. 'Yung tatlo ko namang pinsan were unaware of what's happening but joined in.

The laughter from the four guys' table wasn't left unnoticed so I took a peak, my hands still covering my red face. He was also blushing and glaring at his friends who still kept teasing him.

Sorry for thinking you were a waiter.