𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

hi, hello. i know i haven't been active here and i'm v v v sorry about that! hopefully this chapter could make up for those months. God bless <3 

4 | odeya

My 7 year old cousin, Patty started dragging me towards Fully Booked. I didn't have a hard time catching up with her considering I was wearing sneakers. 

"Ate Ode, I saw this book when we were leaving Cali and I was hoping I'd find it here. Would you mind if I might take a minute or two?" She asked shyly.

I shook my head no and squatted down to her level, "It's ok. I'm gonna go and find some books for myself too. Just don't wander off too far, ok?" I reminded before messing with her hair.

She smiled and nodded, skipping happily towards the kids' section. I stood up and went to find The Maze Runner. I wasn't able to buy myself the whole series because it was always out of stock. I hope luck is with me today. After a few minutes of searching, I was able to find all five of them and stacked them in my arms. I searched for my cousin and saw her talking to someone.

"Nahanap mo na ba?" A girl with short hair, who was stood beside me, called out.

The guy turned around and I saw Unique. The guy from yesterday.

"Ouy Unique. How are you?"

He smiled and waved at me while going towards the girl who was beside me, "Ganito parin. Pogi pa rin" He boasted, "sabi ko na nga ba magkikita ulit tayo eh. This is my girlfriend Kirsten" He introduced while slinging an arm around the girl.

The girl smiled at me and offered a hand, "Hi I'm Kirsten but you can call me Kirs. Sorry masyadong mahangin itong isang 'to"

"I'm Odeya but you can call me Ode" I said while shaking her hand.

"Ate Ode, I found it! Kuya Nikkoi helped me!" Patty excitedly said, showing the book.

"The Purpose Driven Life? Patty, I have this book back at home you could've just asked me for it" 

Patty shrugged, "Eh, I wanted to have my own para we can read it together" 

I nodded and nodded towards the cashier, "Are you sure this is all? You can get another one if you'd like. My treat" I winked.

Patty had a huge grin on her face and rushed off to somewhere again.

"Sorry about that" I apologized towards Unique and Kirs.

Kirs shook her head and gave me a smile, "It's ok. Me and Unique are gonna go and get coffee. You can come with us if you want, It's Unique's treat" She offered.

I nodded in agreement, "Sure, we'd love to"

Unique looked at me, almost as if he was observing, "Eh ikaw? Musta mata mo?" He asked with a frown.

I suddenly became conscious and felt my hands start sweating. Kirs must've noticed as she nudged Unique hardly on the ribs earning a groan from the tall and lanky guy.

Patty came back with another book, "Aren't her eyes pretty?" Patty exclaimed while holding my hand.

She must've overheard the conversation.