6

Suggest Music :
(We Have it All -Pim Stones)

NOW-My feet was running as fast as I could possibly makethem, I had the hood covering over my face as the rain poured down above me

NOW-
My feet was running as fast as I could possibly make
them, I had the hood covering over my face as the rain poured down above me. I could hear the growl of the walkers, or at least some of which were walkers. I felt my feet begin to slide through the mud I lost my balance and stumbled down the hill, mud getting all over me, I hit a couple branches as I tumbled down, one leaving a scratch across my chin. I crawled through the mud and covered myself in it as I heard them getting closer. "Where is she?" It growled.

THEN-
The doctor finished bandaging his wound before taking a clipboard and writing a couple things down. "Negan has been generous with your visiting hours, don't push it." The doctor said. "Generous?" Daryl growled. "Yes.. generous. Get some rest, the quicker you heal the better it'll be for the two of you." He said exiting the room. Daryl shuffled in his bed starring at the clock, he was tired of sitting still. He didn't like the feeling of waiting. He wanted to get the hell out of here. I lightly knocked on the door before pushing it open, Daryl was trying to sit up, I folded my arms and shook my head. "You know you can easily rip the stitches." I said. Daryl looked at me then continued to push himself up. "If you come in here complainin' ima kick yo' ass." He said. "The only ass you're kicking is your own." I went over to him and helped him sit up. He huffed and puffed. I looked down as his bare chest seeing the bruising on the left side and the bandages which covered the gunshot wound Dwight left him. "Does it hurt?" I asked. Daryl shook his head no. "Ima go back to the cells tomorrow." Daryl said. "You're what? No you're not Daryl." I said sitting on the edge of his bed. "I need to, can't keep forcing you to work for me. Your getting smaller you know." He said gesturing to my stomach. "I'm doing just fine." I said crossing my arms. "You ain't and you know you ain't. The sooner I get back in there the sooner I can get out. Can't protect you in this goddamn bed." He growled. "And you can't protect me in that cell." I said. "I sure as hell can do more then what I'm doing now, you know, you might be used to laying around in a bed doing nothing but I sure as hell ain't." His words hit me, I knew what he was referring to, back on the farm. When he noticed the look on my face he let out a low sigh. "I didn't mea-" I stood up and took a couple steps away from the bed, my back to him. "Beth." He said. "You do what you gotta do Daryl." I said. "I'm trying." Daryl whispered. "I know Daryl, so am I." I walked out the room and closed the door behind me, I wanted to say more then what I had chosen to say. I wanted to cuss him out, maybe even hit him one good time, but I didn't. I knew he was only saying those things because he felt weak, and when Daryl feels weak he makes people feel weaker, but he was right, the sooner he could get back the sooner I could get him back. Every night in my bed is roll over expecting to see him asleep on the floor, but he wasn't there.

I went to my room, slid my sweater off, over my head and dropped it on the edge of the bed leaving me with just the bare white tank top I had on. A creek was heard from the corner of my room, it startled me as I quickly turned to where the sound came from. "Didn't mean to startle you." Eugene said as he was siting in the corner, he adjusted the book he had in his hands and put it on the couch he was siting on, I quickly grabbed my sweater and held it over my chest. "What are you doing?" I questioned. "Well I was waiting on you." Eugene said as he awkwardly looked away. "You couldn't have waited outside?" I asked. "No not really." He shrugged. "Look, I've been compromising, in order of my services and yours I think we can get Daryl out of the cells, but he's gotta kneel to Negan, and well.. that won't be easy." Eugene said. I looked around and being to think. "Alright." I said waiting to hear what his plans were. "The only person he'll listen to is you." He added. "He barely does that, if you think I can get Daryl to kneel to Negan then your-" he interrupted. "You are our only hope if we wanna save him." I let out a small sigh before nodding my head. "Okay." I said. Eugene grabbed the book, stood up and made his way towards the door. "I got a plan, but you have to trust me." He said. "Do you trust me?"
I looked down at the book he was reading then up at him "don't give me a reason not to." I softly said. He looked at me for a few seconds then parted through the door.