five am

♫  n y l a blackbear

jeongguk's pov

i woke up with a beam of peach sun sliding down my face. the room felt cold, but my left half didn't. i turned my head slowly to the left out of pure haziness and saw taehyung.

god.

how did i not find out about this man sooner.

it was like time stopped when i stared at him, he was a painting without a price that had so much value it could not be sold. he was just too precious.

my heart burned to look at him.

for positive reasons.

his arms were wrapped around my torso comfortingly and held me close to his warm being. he smelt like vanilla whereas the rest of the room had a wood scent. the room was cold but he was warm. a weird contrast but i was happy to be in it.

his eyes fluttered open, and i realised how close he was to me. i could feel the heat radiating off of his soul, it was comforting in a way i thought it would never be. his eyes stared into mine with what i thought of as protectiveness. which i was glad for.

i couldn't stop staring at his lips.

his lips.

taehyung's pov

as my eyelids flicked open, i immediately saw jeongguk staring at me with his beautiful doe eyes. his lips curled upwards with my every blink.

i wanted to kiss him so badly.

my head accidentally moved forward on purpose, the only thing in my sight was jeongguk and his lips. my eyelids fluttered shut again and i turned my head and so did he. i could just imagine the feeling of capturing his lips with mine.

but of course.

the bell above the door had to remind me this wasn't going to work in the first place.

it's not like he even likes me back.

what was i thinking.

i sit up straight and run up to the counter to greet the customer, not looking back at jeongguk.

what was i thinking?!