Prologue

"Oh my gosh Jules you need to stop trying to get discounts on clothes that have nothing wrong with them." I said to my persistent friend while searching through the clearance rack in Papayas.

"Yes I know, but I Juliett Rose Andrews will never give up!" She yelled causing a few stares to come our way. I couldn't help but laugh though. I picked out a nice shirt that I really like and told her I'm going to try it on. She just nodded and started looking through the shirts on the rack. I found an empty changing room and lock the door behind me. I pulled off my shirt leaving my tank top on and put on the shirt I picked out.

"Em, you in here?" Jules asked. I open the door and walk out.

"Yeah right here. So what do you think?" I ask her. She turns to me and smiles brightly. I strike a retarded pose with my hands in the air, my right hip out, and my left foot pointed toward the ground. She starts laughing and I laugh with her.

"I love it actually." she says after she sobered up. I nod and go back in the changing room. After changing back into my shirt I go pay for the shirt I tried on.

"Thanks." I say to the guy behind the counter. He gives me a curt nod and we walk out of the store and back into the crowd of people at this mall. Out of the corner of my eye I see a dark cloud surrounding something and I quickly turn my head towards it. I see a "thing "staring my way. It was ugly, black, tall, had scaly skin, dirty sharp teeth, and talons. I looked around to see if anyone noticed it, but no one did. Surprisingly though it didn't seem to scare me; instead it made me angry. I almost felt as if he doesn't have a right to be here and it needs to get the hell out. As I looked back at  it, it was gone. I looked around me frantically and it was nowhere to be seen.

"You ok Em?" Jules asked me with a worried expression. She probably thought I was paranoid about something. I just smiled at her and nodded letting her know that I was fine. She seemed to relax a little at this but there was still a trace of worry in her features.

"Do you want to go home or stay and look at more stores?" I asked her trying to forget about the ugly thing, convinced it was my imagination.

"Let's go to your house and chill because I am tired of shopping" She says in exasperation.

******

That was the first time I saw one...... what you ask?

That was the first time I saw a demon. I thought I was going insane. Oh and let me tell you I nearly passed out the first time I saw a werewolf. Yeah I said werewolf, pfft like demons weren't enough. Don't even get me started on that, because I won't stop. The point of why I'm telling this to you and telling you my story is so you know the truth. What's real and what isn't. Whether you want to believe me or not that is your decision. But this is my story.