Dumbo and Bambi

CELS FROM DUMBO ARE EXTREMELY VALUABLE.

Not knowing that original animation cels would someday be worth a lot of money, artists weren't too careful with preserving their art. In fact, it was just the opposite: while animators were working on movies like Fantasia and Dumbo, they'd take the finished slippery cels and use them to down hallways. Between that and the fact that the earth-toned paints used in the Dumbo color palette were particularly prone to flaking, any remaining cels from the film are among the of any Disney movie.

THE VOICE OF BAMBI WENT ON TO BECOME A DECORATED WAR HERO.

Donnie Dunagan spent 25 years in the Marines. He was a decorated Vietnam War veteran who rose up the ranks quickly—13 promotions in 21 years, as he recalls—and held such honors as being the and receiving a Bronze Star and three Purple Hearts for his service. And when he retired as a Major in 1977, he was finally able to talk about a little secret he'd kept from his colleagues all those years: Long before he was barking orders at new recruits, they'd all definitely heard his voice before, as children, when he was far less menacing. Major Dunagan was the voice of Bambi.

we've doubled up today. look forward to seeing more of these in the days to come!

xoxo, elsa

source: http://mentalfloss.com/article/68474/30-fascinating-facts-about-your-favorite-disney-animations