Young God

I'm a king and you're a queen and we will stumble through heaven

If there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

I know you wanna go to heaven, but you're human tonight

On the next day, Elide told Chaol about Lorcan. Even trying to get a hold of more information about the late boxer. Apparently, Chaol wasn't a big help. Every time Elide jabbed with a question he returned his attention back to the boxes in front of him. Elide could respect that about him, he seemed to know how to keep secrets. The only thing she found out was the fact that Chaol and Lorcan knew each other because of a mutual friend and that the boxer is very reserved.

They kept logging some boxes, with Elide going around the storage and checking the labels on the equipment. She didn't have to do extra hours or go back home late for another two weeks. But she cleaned a lot of bathrooms and even met Chaol's wife one day when she came to pick him up.

After so many hours not talking to each other, Elide noticed that it was almost time to go home. Chaol was stretching his body and when he grabbed his cane he said that he would go quickly to the bathroom and then come back to help her close the system. She noticed he was stiffer than usual while walking, but it should be probably the cold weather. He said some days ago that his legs became incredible weak and sore during winter or cold days in general. Her mind was interrupted when he appeared again at the door, heaving.

"Elide, I need your help...can you come to the bathroom with me?"

She noticed the dark spots on the hem of his sleeves.

Blood?

"Did you hurt yourself?"

"No...just come. Please."

"Alright, alright, I'm coming." She walked fast, the fastest she could due to her feet, and followed him to the men's bathroom. The door was looked and Chaol unlocked before letting her inside and then locking again. For a moment she thought that maybe she was being trapped and that triggered something inside her. But before a panic attack issued, her eyes caught movement in one of the stalls, Chaol motioned to her go look. She recognized the figure laying face down on to the floor.

"Why is he...?"

"I don't know. But I need your help to move him out of the stall and then I will call Yrene." Chaol grabbed the hem of Lorcan's shirt and tried to lift but it was a failure. Now she understood why he needed her help so desperately.

Elide entered the stall and she saw the bloodied handprints around the inside walls, he must have been desperate to not fall on to the floor. Trying to grasp anything near him as a way to prevent his fall. He grunted when she placed her hands under his armpits and pushed him up so he could at least be out of the narrow space. Also, totally not hygienic for someone who probably has a cut somewhere judging by the amount of blood. Once he was laying down on his back, after some struggling, Chaol saw that the blood seemed to start at his torso.

"Take off his shirt...we have to see where the blood comes from. I'm going to call Yrene, oh boy, she's going to get so mad at me..." Elide ignores the rest of his mumbling while he dialed his wife's phone and inspected Lorcan's bare stomach. Indeed he had a cut on the left side of his stomach, near his belly button. She cut a piece of his shirt and put on the cut, pressing hard. She watched enough medical tv show to know that this is what your suppose to do when you need to stop someone from bleeding to death.