Without Me

Gave love 'bout a hundred tries (Hundred tries)

Just running from the demons in your mind

Then I took yours and made 'em mine (Made 'em mine)

I didn't notice 'cause my love was blind

While Elide was making her usual cup of tea, the door of Manon's bedroom opened and the man from the night before was there. His blue eyes were even more impressive when he wore a white buttoned shirt, and he seemed ready to go to work.

"Good morning, Elide." The man said before sitting on one of the stools of their kitchen. Elide was intrigued, Manon wasn't the type that let her one night stands stay over, so this guy must be different somehow.

"Good morning..." She said before sipping her tea.

While they both sat there in silent, Elide took the time to observe him. He had a constant smile on his face, something that should probably irritate her roommate. And while he was handsome, Manon never would go out with a guy that only had looks on his advantage, she likes brains more than a charming smile. And the guy in front of Elide seemed to be all of the things Manon would hate in a guy.

"Doriaaaaan." Manon pleading voice came from the bathroom and he chuckled noticing how flustered Elide was.

Manon appeared at the kitchen wearing her usual black jeans and red shirt, giving the man a peck on his cheek.

"Good morning, princeling." He looked at her, mesmerized by how much he liked when she was near him. "This is my famous roommate, Elide. It was time you two met..."

"Oh, so you've been dating for some time?"

"She agreed to go out with me after some weeks of stalking her." He turned to Manon and they both shared a meaningful look, probably thinking about their meet cute.

"He was a little off putting at the beginning, but then his dimples showed and I couldn't resist."

They all eat breakfast together, that meant toasts and bacon. Elide learned that Dorian worked with his family, and that he graduated from Yale.

Manon talked a lot, explaining about her new gig at the Glass Castle, telling Elide she would buy nicer food this month. Elide got excited when shrimp was mentioned, it's been ages since the last time she eat her favorite food.

After some minutes of routine talks and more information about the couple, that were together for two months already, Dorian said something about having to meet some people for business. They kissed and Elide heard the sound of his car getting out of the garage some time later.

Manon prompted herself on the couch and looked at Elide with a strange expression.

"I notice your foot is bad today." Elide's roommate tapped her nails on the wood of the center table. "And that there was a lot of blood in your clothes from last night."

Elide heart jumped. She didn't know how she should tell Manon about the day before and then she realized that she could ask Manon something that kept bugging her a lot.

"Do you know someone called Maeve?"

Manon's eyes went wide, and she tensed all up. She wondered why Elide was saying that name, and how much in trouble she was.

"Yes. Not a good person."

"I heard her name yesterday. And don't worry about the blood...a guy from work cut himself with one of the box openers and Chaol and I helped until the ambulance arrived."