Chaper One- The Move

Emily's POV

" Come on Emily we're going to be late for our flight "

" I'm coming, I just have to grab one last thing"

Hi I'm Emily McCumber. And that person rushing me is my mom Sarah. We are currently moving from Atlanta, Georgia to California. And I know what your thinking. Why such a big move? Well recently my dad died and it was really hard on me and my mom so my grandmother suggested that we move close to her. So my mom thought it was a good idea. So here am putting my last little things in my suit case.

Knock! Knock!

"Urg I'm coming dang" I said now irriated. I took one last look at my room that is now empty.

I opened my room door to see two movers. " Oh I'm sorry I thought you was my mom " I explained. " The rest of my boxes is in the corner over there " I said while pointing to the boxes. I walked out my room and down the stairs to not see my mom. Where the hell is she? I thought to myself.

"If you wondering where your mother is she lefted out the house" One of the movers said while walking down the stairs with a box.

"Thanks" I said

I walked out the house to see my mom sitting in the car with the truck open. I guessed she left it open for me. So I put my suitcase into the truck and close it. After I made my way to the passenger side and got in. This is going to be a long day.

*After car and plane ride*

Right now I'm waiting for my mom to come back with both of our bags. While I'm waiting I here someone calling my name.

"Emily"
"Emily"

I turn around to see who it is and once I saw I went running toward them for a big hug.

"Grandma I missed you so much" I said while still hugging her.

"Same here Em, I haven't seen you since the funeral right?" She asked.

" Yea " I replied " I really miss him grandma. I now feel like there's a missing piece inside my heart" I said letting a tear slip from my eyes.

"I know baby, I know but you have to be strong because he would have wanted you to keep your head high." She said comforting me. "Hey mama " I wipe my tears as I hear my moms voice.

"Hey baby, I was just about to ask Emily here where you were but are you ready to go? Grandma asked.

"Yea" we both said

I grab my bag and followed my grandmother to her car that was parked out front.

*Car ride*

The car ride is currently quiet so I decided to start up a conversation. " Hey mom, where are our boxes getting shipped to grandma's or did you already by a house?" I asked very curious on where my stuff is.

"Well baby, I bought a house already and our stuff should be there. Actually we're five minutes away" she responded softly. So I just shook my head and looked out the car window.

While I was looking out the window I seen that we came to a complete stop." We're here honey " my mom said looking back at me smiling.

I opened the car door and saw a medium size house. It was beautiful, my has very good taste. The house itself wasn't big but it wasn't small either, it was just right to me and my mom.

" Do you like it? " my mom asked from behind me. " yea its beautiful" I said sending her a soft smile. My mom starts walking towards the house to unlock the door, while I went to grab my suitcase out the trunk.

*Couple Hours Later*

Right now I'm currently in my new room putting all my stuff away. I really think this I going to be a good fresh start for me ans my mom. We need and deserve this.

" Emily time for dinner" my mom yelled to me from down stairs. I got up putting my hygiene things in my bathroom and started to head down stairs. I made my way to the dining room to see my mom already sitting down eatting.

"So you wasn't going to wait for me?" I look at my mom while pulling my chair out to sit. " well I was hungry and you were taking to long" she replied " mom I just took a couple of minutes to put something away that's not long at all" " mhmm whatever you say honey" she says.

We were eatting in silence until mom spoke up asking me a question " Are you ready to start your new school on Monday?" " umm not really but what do I care" I answer dryly. " Listen honey if your scar...." " no I'm not scared I just really dont care and what can happen anyway" I said getting up starting to head to bed.

I say goodnight to my mom after putting my dish away and went upstairs. As I get ready to close my eyes I think about what my mom asked me. Am I really ready for school? Yea, I'm just over thinking stuff. After while I finally fell asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I just wanted to say that this is my first time writing so take it easy on me. I know my grammer and stuff is bad but hopefully I improve as I continue to write. Also please excuse and misspelled words. Thank you for reading and hoped you enjoyed the first chapter.