Chapter 3

"What are you doing?" Alex walked over to me when Cameron and the rest of Hollywood Ending went on stage to rehearse.

"What do you mean?" I asked, continuing to walk.

"I mean," he moved in front of me so I stopped walking, "stay away from him. It was bad enough when you guys broke up the first time. And I thought you said you didn't like him like that anymore."

"They called me cute." I place my hands on my hips and rose an eyebrow.

"What?"

"Well, not them, but one of them did." he gave me a questioning look. "Thomas, I think, asked how old I was and then called me cute, or adorable, or whatever he called me." I moved past him and picked up a water, dunking my hand into ice and water. Instantly I regretted it because my rings were soaked, "Ugh." I shook my hand out.

"What's wrong with being cute?" he shook his head and moved next to me.

I rose an eyebrow and glared at him for a few seconds. "I'm not a puppy, and I'm not six years old, I'm sixteen."

"They all probably think you're hot but c'mon they were being polite they just met you." ugh, he's annoying me.

I slowly turned back to the stage and leaned against the coolers they had out. I looked at the stage for a minute trying to remember, I'm pretty sure I'm right but... Then my chance to know came, "That one's Riley right?"

He turned when I nodded towards the stage and looked at the extra, "Yeah, it is.. Why?"

"He doesn't think so..." I muttered trailing my sentence out. "When I walked to Cameron, all of them were looking, except him."

"So you're not his type, maybe he likes cute." Alex said and I looked at him, pursing my light pink lips together.

"Alex, do you know me at all? I'm everyone's type." I laughed a little and walked out of the building.  "Not his type - pft!  Get real!" I laughed a little more.  I've been everyone's type since seventh grade, and some stupid guy isn't going to change that.

I will admit, I'm one of those people who have to have control and I'll do anything to get it.  I still remember it started in sixth grade, with stupid Stacey Green.  She was the most popular girl in junior high and she loved it, I remember looking at her with envy, seeing that I lacked everything she had - boobs, butt, and beauty.  One day, I was sitting with my small group of friends and then her entire table started laughing as she stood.  She walked over to us with her hips swinging back and forth and placed her hands down on our table.  The exact words that came out of her mouth next were few of the harshest words I'd ever heard.  'You know, me and my friends looked over and we were thinking, not even major surgery could make you guys pretty.' a sweet, evil smile crept slowly across her face and before she left she said, 'Hope you like cats.' Now, I know what you're thinking Sixth graders are not that mean, but she was, her older sisters taught her how to rule the school, and they taught her well.

Those words wouldn't even come close to hitting my self esteem today, but back then, it did, hard.  Thank God it was the end of the school year too, otherwise I don't know how I would've survived.  Once summer came, me and my friends decided we would become prettier over the summer just to prove them wrong, and we did.  We learned - from our mothers - how to fix our hair and do our make up and the rest was up to us.  We would go to the mall and go into stores like Forever 21 and Hollister, buying our clothes.  A few of my friends exercised and lost weight, while others - like me - gained weight so we could get some curves.  Everything worked out in the end, because the first day of school the next year, everyone was staring at us.  They knew exactly who we were and they couldn't believe their eyes.  Stacey's friends left for us and her guy friends wanted to date us, but no matter what, we would ignore them.  We took away her kingdom and it felt great, so we maintained our personalities and looks and have stayed on top of the food chain ever since, especially in high school.  Our innocent jeans and t-shirts turned into mini skirts and deep v-neck's.  Our eyes and bodies became weapons that we used on any poor boy that dared to cross our paths.  Simple dance parties turned into alcohol, grinding and hooking up without going too far - after all, we kept our standards.  Girls wanted to be us and guys wanted to be with us.

No one messed with us, and we tore apart the occasional bitches who did.  Stacey was a memory that everyone kept in the back of their minds as they drooled over us.  Ever since then, I've never been denied a guy - and the random girls who, are straight, but loved me so much that they would change for me.  It's amazing the power I've gained over people, so the fact that Riley is trying to take it away without even trying is aggravating.

I'll get him, I've just gotta look hot.  I've gotta get a grip on myself.  No matter what happens, I'm still the best.  I thought as I walked onto my cousins tour bus, unzipping one of the many suitcases I brought.