Not Always Cap

A lot of people think that back then I was running around as a woman fighting HYDRA. Actually in a way I was... But nobody knew the person fighting them was a woman.

Back then women were still considered house wives, and nurses for the army. Of course, Peg was an exception for that one. Though she was an agent which is what I wasn't. I was a soldier and believe me the idea of a woman in the army was considered blasphemy or unnatural.

So, of course media had to twist some things around, and hide the identity of Captain America. Of course, a name had to be put and hilarious enough they went with Steve! The irony is just too good to me.

So, in the 40s, while my commandos and the others knew me as Stephanie Rogers. The rest of the world knew me as Steve Rogers. But what about my stage girl days?

Welp! I wasn't called Captain America at all. They had given me the name Lady Liberty of all things. It was actually the Howling Commandos, and Bucky who changed it to Captain America. Said it fit me better then that silly show name.

So, for quite a few years the world believed that the super soldier who won the war, who sacrificed their life for America and the world, was a man.

It wasn't until years later, I believe sometime in the late 50s did they finally tell the truth. That Captain America was a woman. But you know different time and views, right?

- Stephanie