Hazel

Every Wednesday to Friday,I have French class after Chemistry.Luckily,Niall have the same class so we walked together to find our room.

  Im still awed by Niall's reaction towards me.I didn't expect him to joke with me that soon.But he did.I can still sense his hesitations but atleast he doesn't flinch anymore when I come near him.Thats a good start.Hes even better than me when I was in his state.

  "Uhm Hazel..."Niall said snapping me out of my reverie.We were sitting side by side waiting for our teacher.

  "Yeah?"I asked.

  "Well...I just remembered that you noticed I was reading a Sidney Sheldon book." I racked my brain getting the memory out and smiled when I remembered what he was talking about.

  "Yes,why?" I inquire.

  "I have some of his books.Have you read Bloodline?Oh and Master of the Game?How about Windmills of God?"

  Niall's eye shimmered looking like a man talking about a woman he love except that Niall is talking about books.

  I laugh lightly."Slow down." I said to him.He blushed adorably.

  "Sorry."he mutters.

  "No dont be.You really love books,dont you?"he nodded."Well I have read The Other Side Of Midnight,Bloodline and Naked Face.I haven't read Master of the Game."

  His eyes widened."No way!You need to read it.Its the best.The twist is unbelievable."

  "Uhuh...you made a fair point.Okay now I wanna read it."

  "I'll give you my book tomorrow."

  "Really?"

  "Of course."

  "Alright."

  "Alright."

  We stare at each other for a while then our teacher entered the room.She has a grey hair,flat nose and big glasses.When she spoke,she has an accent I cant identify.

  After French,Niall and I have Performing Arts together.So basically,I only have one subject without him which is History.

  When the bell rings indicating the end of the day,I cheered inwardly.I was so tired I can kiss my bed right now.

  "Come on Niall.I'll walk you to your car."I said to Niall as we sort our stuffs.

  "I dont have a car."he replied shyly."But my bestfriend have one and hes my ride."

  "Oh..we'll lets walk out together." I offered and he nods.

  We both walk to the parking lot.But halfway through there,I saw Gerson coming towards us.Hes glaring at us.Niall stopped on his tracks.Hes afraid now.

  I reached for his hand and stepped in front of him.

  "Stay back."I whispered.He didn't answer but he came closer to me that I can hear his shaky breath.

  Gerson was in front of me now.We're one meter apart.

  "You really think it would be that easy,huh bitch?"he smirked but his tone is rigid.He looked at Niall."Why are you hiding there blondie?You think this tiny bitch can protect you?"

  "What do you want Gerson?" I asked keeping my ground.I successfully managed a brave voice even though I was shaking inside.

  "Payback bitch."he snarled.

  "Why?You cant beat guys your own size?"I said.I know its not a smart move but its better than running away or surrendering.I cast a small glance around the parking lot.It was deserted and only a few cars are there.I prayed for Zayn to be a little bit quicker.I might die in here.I thought of Niall at my back and decided that I wont back down for him.He cant take anymore beating.He might not notice but I saw the way he flinched many times earlier.And I know it was because of pain.Whatever he was going through,its just not here.It was also at home.