Chapter 1

It was about 5 in the morning and Toni was already up. She didn't get out of bed course because she didn't want to wake up Cheryl, so she just sat up.

However, Toni did want to get out of bed and have a cup of coffee or something, so she slowly got out from under the blankets and out of the bed.

She went downstairs and warmed up her leftover coffee from last night. She also took a book with her and went back into the room. She just sat on the floor and read but she heard something, so she put down her book and stood up.

Cheryl was breathing shakily in her sleep, her arm where Toni would supposedly be.

Toni gently shook Cheryl awake so she wouldn't have an anxiety attack and eventually she opened her eyes.

"Did you not sleep well Cher?" asked Toni.

Cheryl shook her head and Toni gave her a hug.

"You can go back to sleep if you want" said Toni.

"It's fine" said Cheryl softly.

Both Toni and Cheryl went downstairs to eat breakfast. While Cheryl was waiting for Toni to finish making breakfast, she fell asleep at the table.

Toni noticed that Cheryl had fallen asleep and slowly picked her up and lied her down on the couch with a blanket.

It was quiet, but loud enough for Toni to hear that Cheryl started hyperventilating so she ran back over to the couch to wake her up.

"Babe, are you okay?" asked Toni.

Cheryl stood up with tears in her eyes, pacing back and forth; her hyperventilating slowly stopping.

Toni put a hand on Cheryl's shoulder and she stopped pacing and sat back down.

"You're okay, alright? I'm right here" said Toni.

"Come on let's go upstairs, we have to get ready for school" said Toni.

"Okay" said Cheryl.

They both got dressed and finished up their homework. They started to head to the school.

They did get to school pretty early, so they talked in they bathroom where they thought they were alone.

"About this morning..." said Toni.

"I'm fine Toni, really" said Cheryl.

"Babe, I don't think you're fine if you just-"

They both heard a bathroom stall open. It was Betty.

Cheryl left and after she did, Betty asked "Is she okay?"

Toni sighed at the thought of explaining it all, but she did.

"Lately she hasn't been sleeping well. Like last night and also this morning."

"What do you mean?" asked Betty while she washed her hands.

"She had a really bad anxiety attack this morning. Something's gotta be on her mind" said Toni.

"Oh, poor Cheryl. Did you even ask her?" said Betty.

"But I think  I might have an idea of what it could be" said Betty.