Chapter 5

For the past few days, life seemed great for Buddy. He got to work in a mail room at his dad's work and had gone out on his date with Jovie the other night. 

It couldn't get any happier for Buddy. 

Now, it was Christmas Eve morning and the adventure kids were so excited for the big night to come. 

The twins came into Kali's room, who was still asleep and pounced on their sister, waking her up. 

"Come on, Kali! Come on! Come on! Come on! It's Christmas Eve!" The twins were all excited, jumping on their sister's bed while the tomboy groaned. 

"Alright, alright, I'm up..." Kali groaned as she slowly sat up in bed. 

"Can we go see Buddy?" Ann asked anxiously. 

"Oh, pleeeease!!!" The twins soon begged their big sister. 

The tomboy sighed before smiling to her younger siblings. "Of course..."

Kali got up and dressed, grabbed Mikey, and the whole gang headed out, enjoying their Christmas Eve morning in New York, doing all sorts of things. 

It soon had turned into the mid afternoon. 

"So, what should we do next?" Teeders asked her friends. 

"I say we take some presents to the needy children" Kali suggested. 

"You never told me you were a gift giver" Mikey said to his human girlfriend, thinking it as something else. "What else are you keeping from me?" he got suspicious. 

Mikey suddenly got all up in Kali's face, yelling in that demanding tone. "WHO DO YOU WORK FOR?!" 

"Ah. Right now, wishing I worked for a breath mint company" The tomboy cringed, being a tad disgusted by Mikey's smelly breath.  

The gang continued on until they heard some interesting news that Buddy had gotten in trouble at his dad's work, causing Walter to snap and harshly disown him. 

"Well he had that coming to him sooner or later" Cynthia mentioned about Buddy going too far to where his dad completely blew his top. 

"Oh sure, blame the elf" David gave this deadpan glare to his friend. 

The kids then also learned that Buddy had run away. This left them shocked and worried. 

"We have to find him!" Ann told the others desperately. 

The kids had gone out searching in different groups until it had quickly turned into night. The gang soon met up back at their meeting spot, with still no sign of Buddy. 

"Any luck?" Kali asked hopefully. 

"No..." Brock and the others frowned with their heads down. 

"Oh, where could he have gone?" Teeders said, becoming worried about Buddy. 

Just then, Mikey spotted something odd falling out of the sky. 

"Hey dudes, what's that?" He pointed out. 

The kids looked up and saw something shiny and red falling closer and closer down into the city, while also hearing a familiar jolly old voice. 

"Prancer, pull! Come on, Rudolph, pull up! Up!" 

"Santa?!..." The adventure kids wondered. 

The gang then saw Santa and his sleigh come down fast, crashing into Central Park. Shocked, the gang quickly rushed into Central Park, being able to sneak past the park rangers.