Chapter 7: Women's Team

Chapter 7

An hour before Women's Team, I went into the changing room, and changed my leotard into our team leotard. A dark red one with sparkles. I had a stylist pin my hair back with gel and hairspray causing my hair to stick to my head. I had a make-up artist do my makeup. Light red-pink eye shadow getting darker as coming closer to the lashes. I had coats of mascara on and black eyeliner surrounding my eyes, causing my brown eyes them to pop. She applied foundation to my face covering up any small pimples and freckles. After that, I warmed up by doing stretches in the dressing room stretching, with Dani, Kayley, Jenny, and Ashton. 

Now was the time. Women's Team Olympics. The first event for Gymnastics. I was a nervous wreck but I reminded myself to stay focused and determined. Once I stepped into the gym, I was reminded of that beautiful boy who spilt his beer over me, earlier. His Irish accent, his glistening eyes, his carefree blonde hair. I loved it all. 

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚

The first event was the vault. Russia went first, then us. Kayley was first for the USA. 

On the screen hanging from the ceiling, Kayley came on the screen. Kayley Mabson-USA

My hands trembled. Looking down at my fingers focusing myself, I wasn't paying attention to Kayley.

Still trembling, I watched as Ashton walked onto the floor. The screen said, Ashton Welter-USA I stared blankly at the screen watching her performance on the screen. I wasn't paying much attention to it, I was trying to focus myself.

I watched as Jenny came on the screen. Jennifer Rusley-USA

Noticing her name, I noticed I was next. I got up from my chair, stretching every possible muscle in my body. After her routine, I walked onto the vault, rubbing chalk onto my hands. I stared down the line noticing the vault. My name and body appeared on the screen, Audrey Keegan-USA. I stared at the vault. Suddenly, a face flashed from memory. The boy with the blonde hair. I was replaying the moment in my mind, him spilling the beer on my leotard. His innocent smile. I snapped myself out of the memory, shaking my head and legs. 

I took a step up throwing my hands up and smiling.

Focusing, I waved my arms down. Jumping a tad, I started my run. My arms waved back and forth as I ran in line with the vault. I did a round-off landing my feet on the spring and flipping backwards into a back handspring. Using my arm and leg strength, I pushed up off the vault, flipping three times in the air with my hands crossed in front of my chest. 

I landed backwards like I was supposed too. I threw my arms back and smiled. That's when his blonde strands returned to my mind.

I walked off the floor and looked to the screen, Audrey Keegan-USA Score: 14.950  

Next, Dani walked onto the floor, Danielle Dunlass-USA, the screen said. 

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚

By the end of the night, USA was in the lead for vault, scoring a total score of 48.132. In uneven bars, USA ranked third, earning a total score of 44.799. In beam, we shined over other countries winning first, with a total score of 45.299. We also ranked first in floor, scoring a 45.366.

Our coaches and trainers hugged all of us into a group hug. We smiled brightly, congratulating each other on our first event. Looking up into the crowd, I waved my hand and smiled, looking for those beautiful sky blue eyes. I didn't see them, or him, but I knew he was somewhere in the arena, so I still had hope of bumping into him again.

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚

We walked back into the dressing room from the gym, pulling on our sweats, and throwing our bags over our shoulders. We waited an hour for the hallway to clear a little bit. After the hour, Kayley, Dani, Ashton, Jenny, and I walked outside of the arena waiting on the concrete for our bus back to the Olympic Village. 

I saw some fans talking with some Olympians waiting on the concrete for a ride back home. 

That's when my eyes locked with those blue eyes that I saw earlier. He was standing a good 20 feet away from me, but I still gazed deeply into his eyes. I walked away from my teammates, walking closer to him, and he was walking closer to me.

"Hi! Beer guy, right?" I asked when we met again.

He looked down at his feet and blushed, "I'm so sorry for that!" He looked into my eyes and tried to hold back a laugh.

We broke into a laugh together replaying the events in our heads.

"Don't apologize! I ran right into you!"

He chuckled, "Maybe I can make it up to you?"

"Like how?" I asked searching his eyes.

"Dinner tomorrow night?" He asked a smile planted on his face.

"I have to train. I am an Olympian, you know."

He laughed, "I'm aware." A look of sadness swiped across his face, "So, no tomorrow?"

I sighed, "I'll see what I can do."

He grinned brightly, "I'll introduce myself. My name is Niall Horan. I'm Irish. I play guitar, and I'm told I can sing."

I smiled, "I'm Audrey Keegan. People usually call me Keegan, I don't know why, It just stuck. I'm American. I'm a gymast, and I'm told that I'm good at being one." 

He laughed a quiet laugh. 

"Want to exchange phone numbers?" I anticipated staring deep into his eyes. 

He nodded quickly handing me his white iPhone 4s, and I handed him my white iPhone 4s. We typed in our own numbers and exchanged our phones back. 

"It was really sweet bumping into you again." I smiled walking away and looking back as the bus came.

"I'm excited to see you tomorrow, Keegan." He said walking the opposite way, looking at me. 

I felt my cheeks heating up as I joined the girls again hopping onto the bus. The smile would not wipe away from my face. 

A/N

Is it possible? Can she like him? Haha, don't forget to Fan, Comment, etc.! And check out my trailer! I worked hard on it!