Chapter 4

Mr. Rivaille slammed his book down on his desk.

"Eh, looks like there's a new brat." He mumbled.

"W-what, sir?" Armina stuttered.

"Nothing." Mr. Rivaille snarled.

"So, who are you?" He stood in front of Mikasa's desk. Mikasa stood up straight and looked down at him.

"I am Mikasa Ackerman." She tried to keep a straight face, but almost laughed at his height. Mr. Rivaille was only 5 foot 3, but his temper, much shorter. He always seemed to have a heartless glare, but he had feelings, somewhere in there. He walked away as Mikasa sat down.

"Now, if you know what's good for you, Mikasa, don't chat in my class, especially with that one back there," Mr. Rivaille pointed back at Benjamin, who was speaking louder than Mr. Rivaille himself, "Detention again."

After Mr. Rivaille's class was over, it was Ms. Zoe's class. She taught science, but she was sort of overly happy over the fact that she did.

She smiled, "So, did Rivaille talk about me at all today? Huh?!"

"Not today." Armina answered.

"So class, today, I have an extra special guest," Ms. Zoe took a chameleon out of a box, "This, is Bean!" She had a thing about animals, which were usually her pets, and she had too many of them.

"Wow, I've never seen an actual chameleon before, it's so colorful." Marcie looked surprised at the fact that it changed color immediately.

Sasha raised her hand, "Can I touch it?"

"Sure," Ms. Zoe giggled, "So, today we're going to start a report on reptiles." She pulled out a hat that was decorated with leaves, "Sasha, come choose."

Sasha stood up and walked towards her desk. She examined the chameleon and then walked towards Ms. Zoe and chose a piece of paper from the hat. She read the paper aloud, "The African Pancake Tortoise, Pancake Tortoise? Pancakes..." She walked backed to her desk smiling.

"Armina, come choose."

Armina gulped and walked up to her desk.

She grabbed a paper, "Leopard Gecko." she read inside her head. She walked back towards her desk and sat down.

"And who might you be?" Hanji walked towards Mikasa's desk.

Mikasa smirked, "I'm Mikasa Ackerman, I'm new."

"Well, I'm glad to have you in my class Mikasa, please choose one."

Mikasa took a piece of paper, "The Rosy Boa? Is that even a thing?"

"Of course it is, silly!" Ms. Zoe laughed. Everyone else was assigned their reptile.

The bell rang, "Class dismissed, also, welcome to our school, Mikasa, I'd recommend you join the volleyball team, you're built well for it. Talk to Annie if you're interested." Ms. Zoe waved goodbye.

Mikasa thought for a while, "Volleyball team? Built for it? I don't even like sports."

Annie walked over to Mikasa, "Hey, I heard what Ms. Zoe said to you after class, are you interested in joining, or...?"

"Well, I'm not really into sports or anything, but it could be worth a shot I guess." Mikasa half-smiled.

"Good, we need more team members anyway. Come to the gym tomorrow, wear a t-shirt and shorts or something. Also, welcome to the school, you and your sister." Annie walked away.

"Erin!" Mikasa yelled.

"What?! You scared me, don't do that." Erin frowned.

"Sorry, it's just that I haven't seen you all day and stuff, any new friends I should know about?" Mikasa asked.

"I became good friends with Marcie, she invited me to the cheer squad." Erin smiled.

"Nice. Annie invited me to the volleyball team." Mikasa laughed.

"The blonde girl you were talking to just now? And I thought you hated sports."

"Yeah, and I did, but she said she needed more teammates and Ms. Zoe said I was built for it, so I'll give it a shot." Mikasa answered.

"Good, let's go find mom's car." They walked until they saw a red minivan and then they ran towards it.

"So, did you have a good day?" Carla asked as they got in the car.

"It was great for me, I don't know about Mikasa, though." Erin smiled and looked towards Mikasa.

"I liked it, and a really cool girl told me I could join the volleyball team." Mikasa half-smiled.

"Good, let's go get something to eat before we have to go pick up your father." Carla said while driving away from the school.