Chapter 5

Erin woke up to that stupid, terrible sound that she hated more than anything. Her alarm clock. She picked it up and threw it across the room, the normal routine that she had every day until she moved into her new house. The home was smaller than what Erin was used to in Minnesota. She got out of bed and went downstairs to get breakfast, half awake, and tripped over the dog sending her tumbling down the stairs.

"Tripped over the dog again?" Mikasa pointed and laughed at her.

Erin got up and glared at Mikasa like she'd commited a crime or something. She walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bowl and poured milk into it. She liked to pour the milk before the cereal, because it always ended up soggy before she got a spoon and everything. Erin grabbed a box of cereal and opened the tab.

"You do know mom made eggs right?" Mikasa pointed towards the pan half full of scrambled eggs.

"I don't like eggs, you should know that by now, we've known each other for 5 years." Erin rolled her eyes.

Mikasa walked away like she'd been told her only true friend had died. She never liked socializing that much, and she would stay up all night on social media sites talking to people she'd never met in person before, but it seemed like it was an escape for her. Everyone felt like that these days. 2014, year of technology. Mikasa felt as if her dog, a small black chihuahua named Taco, was her only friend ever since her real parents disowned her. Erin's parents had adopted Mikasa, as they felt bad for her since Erin's father used to be her pediatrician.

"Dang it, I haven't even got dressed yet. The bus is gonna be here in 15 minutes.' Erin ran up the stairs and fell on her face once again.

Taco ran down the stairs and stood by his food bowl.

"What is it? Do you want some food? I'll get you some." Mikasa said, as if talking to a baby.

She took a handful of Kibbles N' Bits and put it into his food bowl. Soon enough, the bus was honking infront of the house.

"ERIN COME ON!" Mikasa shouted walking out the door.

Erin ran down stairs, her hair in a mess and she was still brushing her teeth. She threw the toothbrush into the kitchen and took her bag off the couch. Erin ran outside and got on the bus.

"Um, can I sit here?" she asked Marcie.

"Uhh, sure," Marcie moved her bag and scooted over, "So, do you think you might be interested in being in the cheer squad next year?"

"Yeah, I think I should, it would be nice, I guess." Erin smiled.

Marcie looked out the window, the bus pulling to a halt in front of a two story house painted light blue. Jean came out of the front door and ran to the bus in a black t-shirt, a beanie, and jeans. He stepped onto the bus, greeting the bus driver.

"Marcie, hey." Jean sat in the seat infront of Erin and Marcie just as the bus pulled away.

"Hey, this is the new girl, her name is, Erin." Marcie smiled.

"Erin Jaeger." She looked at Jean a little weird.

"I'm Jean Kirschtein, nice to meet you." He half-smiled.

"She's going to tryout for the cheer squad next year, exciting, right?" Marcie laughed.

"For you it is, I'm not into cheer, I'm into cheerleaders." Jean said, patting Marcie's head.

As more people loaded on the bus, it became a bit crowded. The bus finally arrived at the school.

---Erin's POV---

After we arrived at the high school, I walked out of the bus beside Marcie and Jean. A girl with brown hair in a ponytail ran towards Marcie and Jean. She was a little shorter than me. She seemed almost crazy yelling their names, and her mouth was almost full of potato chips.

"Jean! Marcie! New girl?" She made her way towards me, "I'm Sasha! Co-captain of the cheer squad! And you must be Erin!" She seemed overjoyed.

"How did you even know my name?" I asked her, it was weird that people I didn't know knew my name, almost like a stalker.

"It's on the school website, I was reading it this morning." Sasha said, her mouth full of chips once again.

It seemed like she would be a bit overweight, but she was skinny, how does that even make sense?

"Oh." I said, I had no idea what else to say.

Armina, the girl with long blonde hair from yesterday, walked towards me.

"So you met Marcie, Jean, and Sasha?" She asked me.

"Yeah, and Marcie here wants me to join the cheer squad next year."

"Great! We can be, um, cheer buddies, then!" Armina said, shyly.

This school was weird, and had nice people, but they were weird people. It was a big school, and I barely knew anyone. I guess it's my job to find my own group of friends, then.