Chapter 7: On Your Knees

I felt the hard blow to my face as blood gushed out of my lip. He was evil, the one I tried most certainly to ignore throughout my middle and high school years. Another blow. The towel muffling all my words so they wouldn't escape, I couldn't escape. I looked at his ghostly features through my teary eyes. The sight of him just makes me cringe in horror. The only thing I thought about was my mother. How she would always assure me that I could tell her absolutely anything, but I just ignored her.

He came closer to me and whispered in my ear," You fag, you don't deserve to live. Your just a piece of shit."

Another blow and finally the last. His hands were beet red. At that moment, I looked at my worst. Zayn would never let me walk outside ever again if he found out about me and Louis. He took the towel out of my mouth and placed a gentle kiss straight on my cheek, his sign of dominance and control, me wincing from the pain.

"Okay then, beautiful. Get back out there to your boyfriend. We've got footie practice on Monday, don't forget to stay after in the lockeroom," his light but dark voice said as he left through the door and down the stairs.

I looked towards Perrie seeing her hands over her mouth in shock from it all. She obviously had no idea and was forced to come here to help Louis get me up here. Her eyes welled up with tears and all she could say was 'Oh my Jesus.'

I felt her gentle shaky hands untie the rope from around me and I quickly stood up and ran down the stairs trying my best to find Zayn. I walked in the kitchen and saw him swapping spit with a girl with long black hair and couldn't help but let the tears flow down my cheeks. I didn't know if he was drunk or what, but I knew I didn't like what I saw. People were staring at me and I had no choice but to run out of the house and down the street. I had no clue where I had to go to get to Zayn's house, but I was lucky the neighborhood was close to my mum's.

I walked through my mum's neighborhood and was certainly surprised to see my mum and Harry working in her garden by the house. I tried my best to wipe the tears and hide the cut on my lip, but I had no luck. They got up from their sitting position on the ground and saw me at the end of the driveway.

"Niall! Your home!" My mother screeched, obviously not able to see my horrible image, but Harry could see it bright and clear.His eyes widened in horror and ran to me, hugging me ever so tightly till he heard me grunt in pain.

"Maura, keep woking on the garden for a few minutes. I need to talk with Niall," he said to my mum while grabbing my hand and taking me inside of the house and making me sit on the counter in the kitchen.

"Now, what the fuck happened to your face?" He said, his british accent thick and raspy, sweat beading on his forehead from working outside in the heat.

"Nothing, I just fell," I coughed out, breathlessly.

"Bullshit, Niall. Did Zayn do this to you?" He asked looking at me worriedly.

At that moment, I had no clue on what to say. Louis always said that if I told anyone about what he does to me, I'd be dead in a heartbeat. And I didn't want that to ever happen.

"Yes. I got on his bad side last night and he just did this. It all happened so fast. I don't blame him though," I rambled.

"Looks like he was trying to kill you. I knew it was a bad idea to let you move in with him. I should've warned Maura," he said wetting a towel and putting it on the cut just above my eyebrow.

A few weeks ago, this would've probably been my biggest dream, to have Harry Styles hovering over me and healing me from Louis and Michael. Now, I don't know if it's just that I blamed it on Zayn, or that I just don't have feelings anymore for Harry. I know that there's still a spark between us deep inside my heart, it just hasn't woken from it's slumber yet. And, to be honest, I'm pretty scared for it's awakening.My mum would be horribly disappointed in me. Now, that I've said that Zayn has beaten me, she'll be sure to do something about it.