Chapter 14:

I woke up to a light tapping against my leg. The long finger was cold and slender, and it had a large topaz ring. I tried to pull my arm up to rub my eyes, but another hand came down and trapped my hand in it's grip.

Once my eyesight became full and clear again, I watched the tubes come from my hand and up my arm, a clear moving liquid escaping through. I looked to my leg which was under a warm blanket, the long arm sticking out. Tattoos ran up the arm which I could recognize as a cross, an anchor, a flower, and a few more. Then, I looked to my other side seeing many tattoos along the arm holding my hand down.

Harry was sat in a chair to my left, rubbing soft circles into the skin of my hairy leg, whereas Zayn was standing on my right gently grasping my hand with his soft grip. I then looked to a small whiteboard straight ahead of me with names on it that I couldn't describe and a small cartoon drawing of me in a bed.

I looked to the bed that I was laying on, it had plastic sides and could adjust to my liking. There were curtains covering the windows to the hallway and I immediately knew that I was inside of a hospital. The ringing of telephones was heard in the background behind the speaking of a television news anchor that appeared on the tellie before me.

"Niall, are you alright, baby?" Harry asked and I just looked at him. I felt Zayn's glare to Harry behind me, his jealousy showing through. I nodded slightly and looked over to Zayn, gripping my hand a little more tighter.

"Babe, do you need anything? I'll get you whatever you would like. How about some coke or a sandwich? Tell me what you want and I will gladly get it."

I chuckled as Zayn rambled on and on and I just told him that I was alright. He nodded and went out of the room to get me some food. I just looked back to Harry in the chair.

"Harry, what's wrong with me?" I asked and he just raised an eyebrow.

"You don't know? You passed out at Cal and Luke's place. They thought you had died and rushed you here. The doctor told us that you ate something you weren't supposed to, something you were highly allergic to."

**

"Louis, what are you doing here? Where is Harry?" I asked looking towards the smirking boy standing in the doorway.

"Harry wanted to go to his mum's house for something and I wanted to be here. What are you doing? Is that dinner?" he asked pointing to the pot of rice and chicken that was coming on the stove. I nodded and put my spatula into the mixture, having a taste and scrubbing my nose at the awful flavour dancing against my tastebuds.

"Here, let me fix dinner and you just relax. I need something to do until my boyfriend gets back and what better thing to do than let you rest and I cook?" he explained and I shrugged. I went and laid down on the couch closing my eyes as a wonderful scent filled my nostrils soon after.

"Louis, what are you cooking in there? It smells quite delicious, I could probably never make something that smells that good," I spotted him opening a small bottle with a label on it that I couldn't read. It was some sort of yellow liquid, but I didn't think nothing else of it.

Soon, I found myself sitting at the dinner table with a plate of wonderful smelling chicken and rice in front of me. I picked up my fork and took a piece of the dish on it and into my mouth. The flavour was very good and almost addicting. I couldn't stop and just added more in. Louis sat across from me and stared as I kept eating like a baby pig. I blushed as he stared and I looked up at him.

"Louis, thank you for the wonderful food, it was the best I've had in a while," I said as I finished up my plate of food.

"Oh, it was my pleasure, love. I just wanted to please you and hope that you'd forgive me for all of the pain I've caused you in the past years," he said and I couldn't help but gush.

I got up and took my dishes to the sink and washed the rest of the mess off of them. Then, I walked over to the trash bin and saw the bottle in the it that had the strange liquid inside. The label on the front of the bottle said, ' Sam's Strawberry Syrup.'

Then, the one thought that popped into my head was, " Louis poisoned me. He knows I am allergic to strawberries."