20: what's done is done

😆I had to put the picture. The Mulan reference though. This chapter is 7 pages long, wow.

Flashback:
I took a deep breath, and opened that envelope, again, for the second time.

And took out the adoption papers.

"Sera . . . I'd like to adopt you."

Sera's POV:

Now I was the one looking back and forth, looking at him then at the papers; the look on his face said that he was serious and seriously cares about me. Enough to do this, to put us both in this situation—a situation that'll change both our lives. "I'm not asking you to answer me now Sera, I'll understand if you don't want to stay with me permanently. I went back to your town in Orlando and had a long talk with that old friend of yours. She's willing to take you in as family if you want to stay with her. She told me she's always seen you as family."
The whole time he talked, all I could do was look at the papers.
"My point is Sera, that no matter what you choose, you'll always a home somewhere, and someone with you. Weather in New York, or Orlando." His cloak started poking his face, "Ok someone and something with you."

Doctor Stephen Strange, former neurosurgeon, now the Sorcerer Supreme of the Mystic Arts, with the cloak of levitation on his shoulders. Guardian of the New York sanctum, the former protector of the Eye of Agamotto when it had one of the Infinity stones in it. Wants to adopt a teenage girl he found at the doors of the sanctum only two months ago. I honestly didn't know what to do, I looked at both Wong and Christine, both with the looks of worry on their face. I gave my cloak a look that said help me, and it did, it put itself on my shoulders as if saying 'no matter were you go, I'll be with you.'

I looked up at that Doctor, that Doctor with those crystal blue eyes that have always been in my mind somewhere, ever since that day at the hospital when my mother was a patient of his. That Doctor with ebony hair and a small ivory color on both sides, those cheekbones that give him a good looking face, and better facial hair then Tony Stark.
After all we've been through in just 2 months; what ever I do with this paper, will change both our lives.

So I put the paper on the table . . . and slid it to him. 

"Are you sure you're capable of having a teenage girl for a daughter Doctor Strange?, are you ready for a family, even though it's just one person?"

Stephen's POV:

Oh she's a clever girl, and I didn't have to teach her that, but she's right. After everything that's happened to me, am I really capable of protecting a teenager? . . . of course I am. I can do this, I'm the Sorcerer Supreme; if I can protect a little stone with a strong amount of power in it, then I can protect a 15 year old girl who will be the future guardian of the sanctum. I picked up the pen, and once again, after a really long time. My hand started to shake. I dropped the pen and it stopped, what am I going to— "Stephen, it's ok, you said I don't have to answer you now, well you don't have to sign the papers now. If you really want to adopt me that is."

"Stephen, we're right here with you." That voice, a voice I haven't heard in a long time. And it still sounds beautiful. "Your best friends are right here with you."
Thanks Christine, I needed that.

I've protected an infinity stone—even though that didn't exactly end well, and half the galaxy was destroyed, but we got it back and now everything is back to normal—and I'm still alive and protecting the New York sanctum. I think it's time for a new adventure—a 15 year old adventure. Now it won't be so quiet here, and the cloak won't be lonely.

I skimmed through the papers like it was nothing . . . and signed were I needed to sign.
"Wong, you mind taking this back to that hell of an orphanage?"
"I'm mostly doing this because it's now a very special day for the both of you, mostly for Sera."

Sera's POV:

A very special day for the both of you, mostly for Sera.

What's done is done. You're right Wong, this is a special day, more special then my quinceanera.
"But before I go...ahem...from this day forward, you are now Serafina Strange, daughter of Doctor Stephen Strange. A former neurosurgeon, now the Sorcerer Supreme and guardian of the New York sanctum. I'll leave you two alone now." Wow, thanks Wong, you just made my heart beat a million times faster with all those words. "Sera, you ok?" Oh god he's coming over—now the heartbeat has tripled—don't panic, just breath.

There, in front of me, stood the Doctor from 7 years ago. Who 7 years later, is now in a blue tunic instead of a doctors outfit, and with a crimson red cloak instead of doctors coat. The cloak on his shoulders, wide open as if saying 'come on give us a hug, you know you want to.' "You know Sera, this is the part—"
"I'msorryimsorryimsorry I am soooo sorry, but you know, teenagers can get sooo pissed off that they run away soon regretting the decision." Here I am in the arms of that man who found me unconscious on the street, that man who helped me figure out who I am, that strange man who's a sorcerer, and now . . .

My father.

He held me close, I'm taking father daughter close. I could hear his heart beat a million times faster and louder than mine. My arms tight around him, and his arms—though a bit shaken—around me, and he's not tense. I let a few tears drop down from the clouds that are my eyes, but I won't let them pour down like stormy rain.

"I . . ."

Oh no, they won't come out, why won't they come out? "Sera?"
"I'm sorry Doctor, I'm soo sorry." His un-gloved hand stroked my hair a few times, bringing a smile to my face. As much as I love being in this position, I just remembered what happens in the end. "Uhhh Stephen, If you keep stroking my hair, I might just fall asleep." "Well then that's a good thing." "Sigh. As much as I'm enjoying this, I'm getting hungry."

"Well you see Sera, I can't let you go, and you can't get out, and the reason why is on both our shoulders."

Christine's POV:

I can't remember the last time I saw Doctor Stephen Strange so happy; I mean, sure he's happy when he succeeds in a surgery, or gets an award for being a great doctor. But that happiness, is nothing compared to this one. Thanks to the two cloaks, they're both wrapped up in a tight embrace. "Well I should probably go—"

Stephen's POV:

"Christine wait." My cloak got off my shoulders, finally setting me free. And now for the other one, "Uhhh, Sera, can you—"
"Oh..hahahaha...sorryStrange." I've got two cloaks and one teenage girl with a look that says, "what are you waiting for, go talk to her.'
I may never get a second chance. Well, here goes nothing.

"Would you like to stay for dinner?"

"Would you like to stay forever?" Oh That little—"Dinner would be great Stephen."

"Well that's, great." Nice one you idiot, you couldn't think of any other word besides great.

Wait, what do we have for dinner? Do we even have enough food left?

"You know what I gotta better idea. Sera, since this is a very special day for you, you pick the dinner. Just say the word and I'll make the order."

🤣I had to put the picture. And speaking of dinner, have a great, awesome, amazing, big, and fun thanksgiving. Be like Thor and eat a lot.