6

"Katrina, you know... You could say that you're marrying me. If you're scared of the guys getting all over you. I mean, they wouldn't do that anyways but that's you. I'll make sure you aren't bombarded by all of 'em." Tony chuckles and takes a sip of some of the whiskey that Fury thought he'd had hidden well enough for Tony not to find it.

"Tony, you're with Pepper... I- I couldn't do that to her..."

"Kat, you know that she wouldn't mind. Come on. Plus, we aren't even going to actually be together, I can still be with Pepper and you can just be by yourself."

"That doesn't help me, Anthony. What if someone expects to see us kiss. And the wedding, what if they want to see us actually married?" Katrina is starting to freak out a little about what ifs. "Tony, for real, I don't want to lie and then have them not want me there with them in the towe-"

Tony cuts her off with his lips on hers, he's never kissed her and she's never kissed him. Neither have ever thought about it but when he connects his lips with hers it's like sparks ignite and her feet are taken from underneath her even though she stays standing. Tony's arm wraps around her waist, knowing that she's going lightheaded, the alcohol on his breath is strong enough to make her a little woozy. She's never drank in her life so it's intoxicating just to taste it on him. He kisses her sweetly and smiles when he pulls back leaving her wanting more. "Whose tower is it, Kat?"

"Yours..." She tries to lean in for another kiss, since his forehead is still against hers and his lips are so close. Katrina never thought that she'd ever want to kiss her best friend so badly, even while he's dating Pepper. "Tonyyyy..." She whines until he kisses her one more time and he pulls back.

"That's right and if anyone questions our 'engagement' you come to me, message me, anything and I'll make sure they believe it. Okay?" He asks, laughing when she whines and he gives her that last kiss. "You want some whiskey?"

"No, Tony. I don't."

"Well, that's what just happened okay? If Pepper knows that I kissed you without her permission she'd kill me. Maybe you then me but we don't want to find out either way, do we?"

"Hell no." Katrina shakes her head, then looks over to the shocked Fury. "You need to hide your alcohol better, Nick."

He chuckles and shakes his head, "Get out of my office now. Okay. You know your mission, now tell me what it is."

She looks around trying to remember what he'd told her he wanted done. "Go in. Make friends with everyone but pay special attention to Steve Rogers, AKA Captain America. Be even closer to him, be not only everyone else's counselor but his most of all. Don't let him find out though. Report back to you weekly."

"Good." Fury nods at her and smiles, "You'll be fine. I promise."

"And what if I get so close that I fall in love with him?"

"That won't happen. I know it won't. His demons... They've scared even the best of counselors, you're not going to be any different... So, keep on your toes and if you're ever afraid for any reason, report to me immediately and don't leave out any details. Got it?"

"Got it." She's a little hurt that he thinks that she isn't capable of handling the tough case. "I'll get the job done and there won't be any fear calls." Katrina steps out of the office leaving Tony and Fury to hash out the rest of the details of her stay at the tower and how to keep the secret from everyone including Steve.