𝐈.

𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐎 𝟏𝟔 𝐁𝐁𝐘

𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐎
𝟏𝟔 𝐁𝐁𝐘

TINY FINGERS CURLED AROUND COLD STONE , and a small face cautiously peeked around the corner of the covert.

She watched while the new boy wept.

A deep crimson hood pooled around his neck as he kept his face buried in the crooks of his arms. His dark head was bowed and quiet sobs shook his thin shoulders. The Mandalorians had only just brought him here, and his whole world and the life that he known upon it had just been destroyed a few hours before.

They hadn't welcomed a new child in a long time, but she knew well enough that they all cried when they first arrived at Nevarro. The only difference was that his family had wanted him. Hers hadn't. But now they were both Foundlings, just the same.

Her foot slipped and the dirt beneath her canvas shoes shifted, sending pebbles bouncing and tumbling down to where the boy sat. At the sound, he quickly straightened from his hunched position, standing and wiping harshly at the tears on his face. His eyes drilled towards the corner of the room, lips puckered in wait of who was there. Realizing she had been caught, the girl bit her lip and slowly emerged from the shadows.

And as the light shined upon her, he cautiously took her in.

She couldn't be too much younger than him, but she was still all kinds of small, far too short and far too skinny for a girl her age. Sunspots freckled her hollowed cheeks and sharp cheekbones, blinking back at him like little stars on her dark skin. White stone paint covered her face in sharp geometric patterns and a cream shawl draped over her thin dark locs.