WFWKH - 15

Khushi POV

"Khushi...hello....KHUSHI....ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO WHAT I AM SAYING KHUSHI..."
An impatient Jeeji scream threatened my ear drums bringing me back to the present.

Yup I was so lost in my bubble today. Finally...finally after a lot of trials and tribulations Arnavji and I are getting engaged. It took a lot of efforts on my part to get him ready for marriage. Remember how he used to run away from me and my presence. I dont even know why he has such a surname. He should be called Mr Sharma rather than Mr. Raizada...itna Sharmate jo hain.
(Due to his shyness you see).

"KHUSHIIIII.....COME BACK FROM YOUR ARNAV LAND..."
Uhh oh, it seems my heart and mind are loosing control over reality. Relax Khushi. Distract yourself from Arnavjis thoughts for a while. Just till the engagement atleast.

"Sorry Jeeji. Woh aaj engagement hain to bas hum excited hain."
(Actually I am a little excited because of I am gonna get engaged soon).
I said making a babyface.

She chuckled at my pout and patted my shoulder in response.
"Fine but please concentrate for a while orelse your makeup will get spoiled. And then you will end up being fashionably late. Alright?"

I nodded at her words and tried my best to stay alert. However, I am not the one at fault here. Anyone who is getting married to a certain Arnav Singh Raizada will have a similar reaction. Am I right or am I right?😉

"Is Khushi ready yet or not? Anjaliji has called twice to know when we are going to arrive. It seems that the Raizadas are really desperate to have Khushi as their Daughter in law..."
Said Amma as she walked in to our room.

"I am almost ready Amma no worries. And we will reach Shantivan in no time. Aur humari to Baat Hi Alag hai Amma tabhi to Raizadas ko hum pasand aagaye. Hum jaisi Chulbuli ladki unko nahi milnewali apne Chotte ke liye.
(And I am so unique thats why the Raizadas chose me for their Son. They wont be able to find another bubbly girl like me for their boy)..
I commented with a giggle.

And it was a contagious one as Jeeji and Amma both laughed in response.
"Alright be quick girls. We will leave soon enough."
We both nodded and watched her leaving the room in a hurry.

Taking advantage of Ammas absence I quickly confronted Jeeji about what happened two days ago when Arnavji came to our house with the proposal for me.
"Jeeji spill the beans what happened with you and my soon to be Brother in law...?"
I teased Jeeji.

She blushed in reflex and got all flustered at my question.
"No...I...no...Nothing like that happened Khushi. You are making up things now."
Jeeji kept looking down and fixed my dupatta without meeting my eyes.

"Rehne do Jeeji. Akaashji ko dekhkar to tum ekdum laal peele hogain thi. Kya baat hai haan....iss Mastani ko uska Bajirao milgaya kya?!? Arrey bata bhi do Jeeji...ab hum jald hi tumhari Khushi se Jethaniji banjayenge. To fayda to tumhara hi hoga...
(Oh please Sister. One look of Akaashji and you turned all red. Whats cooking? Is he the Romeo you are looking for my Juliet?...Come on tell me..after all very soon I will be your Sister in law).
I said with a smirk.

"Hawwww....chupkar Khushi...tu tu ruk hum abhi Amma se kehte hain...ruk..."
(Hawww...shut up Khushi...you...you wait..I am gonna complain to Amma..)
Jeeji tried to avoid the topic but I did not let her change it.

"Jo pehle hua na...Ab hone laga hai...Jeeji ko Akaash jagah kar kyun Sone laga hai...Ye Ishq hai ya kuch aur hai ya bas..."
(Title track of this series)

I sang outloud making Jeeji gasp in shock. She quickly covered my mouth with her palm not wanting to draw the attention of our family.
"SHHHHHH....Khushi dont....Stop....Shhhhhhh..."