Chapter 1

As reference for something Allyson narrates, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 supposedly takes place in 2014, while Infinity Wartakes place in 2018

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took a deep breath and slowly opened my eyes, not so sure whether or not I was ready to get up yet. There was still a sort of ache in my eyes, and my vision hadn't quite adjusted to the world around me. The blankets over me were keeping me warm and tangled up, to the point where I wasn't sure I would even be able to leave. And, of course, there was the weight of an arm over me, keeping me down. I let out a sigh as I debated sitting up and actually starting my day, when I felt someone press themselves against me, move some of my hair out of the way, and kiss my cheek.

"Mm... Good morning to you, too," I muttered, slowly turning myself around to face him. He had that smirk on his face, the one that meant he was happy, and his blue-green eyes were already sparkling, despite the early morning awakening.

"Did you sleep alright?" Peter asked, resting a hand on my cheek.

"Yeah, I managed to knock out almost immediately. You?"

"I was up for a little bit longer." I drew back slightly and raised an eyebrow at him. "I promise it was only, like, twenty minutes."

I sighed again and pulled myself back against him, enjoying the warmth that contrasted the cold ship.

"This is so much better than getting up," I said with a smile.

That was short-lived, however, when the door flew open, shooting Peter and I up and causing my heart to leap straight out of my chest. Rocket was standing there in the doorway with a pissed expression on his face as he shouted out the doorway.

"Relax, I'm askin' them!" he screamed.

"So much for a peaceful morning..."

"Rocket, what the hell are you doing?" Peter demanded.

"Everyone wanted to know when you and Ally were gettin' up. You're the only ones of us who know how to cook around here."

My confusion quickly switched to anger.

"So you threw open our door and started screaming, making me practically have a heart attack, because you all wanted breakfast?"

"Yeah. What's the big deal?"

I grunted and threw myself back down onto the bed for a second, before launching myself out from under the covers and feeling around until I located my brush. I could go out there and stand in front of them in my pajamas with no issues, but messy hair? Hell no.

Without waiting for Peter, I followed Rocket out of the room and into the kitchen. No one was even in there, save for Groot, who was staring down at some old portable game Peter had given him. Groot had grown up pretty fast, and was now in what appeared to be his teenage years. But because he was in his teenage years, he was incredibly difficult to deal with, and if we told him to do something, chances are, he wouldn't do it. I could still remember Peter's relentless efforts to get him to clean his room. Needless to say, they weren't working almost four years later.

"'Morning, Groot," I sighed, running a hand through my hair as I rummaged around, looking for ingredients. I didn't know what I was going to make, but maybe looking at everything we had would give me something.