Chapter 10

I think this chapter might be kinda short, but I wanted it to be separate from the last one :)

If you didn't pick up on it, I'm releasing these chapters alongside the ones for my Avengers character based on when things happen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter and I held onto each other as everyone came back together, trying to figure out what to do next. We'd lost, and at the moment had no way of knowing how things were going on Earth. From what Tony had said, the Avengers were strong, but Thanos had gotten the better of us...

Peter Parker reached down and helped Tony up, still suffering from his wound. He appeared to at least be in a stable condition, which eased my mind a little bit. All our ships were wrecked, but maybe we could find some way to at least get him to the nearest inhabited planet and find someone would could help him.

"Do you think you're okay?" Peter whispered, leaning his forehead against mine. I couldn't bring myself to say anything, so I just swallowed and nodded, brushing my lips against his.

"Something's happening."

Everyone turned to Mantis as she looked around with wide, scared eyes, before she suddenly dissolved into a brown ash, which fell away to the ground. My hand flew to my mouth as I gasped, staring in horror at what had once been one of us. I whipped my head around to Drax, and stumbled back closer to Peter as his arms faded away.

"Quill?" The rest of his body followed, drifting to the ground like horrific snowflakes.

"Steady, Quill." Tony took a step closer to us, when his eyes somehow widened even more. I felt his grip loosen, and when I turned to him, cried out as I watched his body fade away.

"Aw, man."

My hand reached out as I felt a dull pain in my chest, catching some of what remained of Peter in my hands. It sat in my hands, light and delicate as though it were a good thing, and I broke out into uncontrollable sobs as I stared down at the pieces in my palms. He was gone, blew away in an instant. Neither of us got to say goodbye, I never got to tell him I loved him.

"Tony. There was no other way," Strange said. I heard the sound of wind blowing, and knew he'd gone, too.

"Mr. Stark?" Through tears, I turned my head and watched Peter Parker, the young kid, stumble toward the man he looked up to, looking as though he were in pain.

Not him, too...

"I don't feel so good." His voice wavered as though he were afraid as tears began to slip down his eyes.

"You're all right." Tony was attempting to keep him calm, despite the fact we knew what was happening.

"I don't know what's happening." Each word cracked in his throat. "I don't know--" Peter Parker lost his balance and fell into Tony's arms, beginning to cry. His fingers began to turn to ash, and I bit my lip to hold back more cried as I watched him beg. "I don't want to go. I don't want to go, sir. Please. Please. I don't want to go. I don't want to go."

The two of them collapsed, and Peter Parker laid down for a moment longer.

"I'm sorry."

His body blew away, causing Tony's arm to slip and fall down on where Peter Parker had once been. Due to the blood on his hand, a few pieces stuck to Tony's hand. He raised it to his face and fell completely silent.

A numbness suddenly bit at my arm, and I whipped my head down. My breathing began to increase as I watched my own arm turn to brown ash. The numbness began to spread, washing me away in the wind as I looked at Tony with fear. He opened his mouth, then shut it again, and before darkness closed in, I looked at him and uttered four words.

"You can fix this."

I reached my head up and took a final breath before my chest went numb, my jaw, my cheeks, my nose, my ears.

The last thing I saw was Titan's orange sky.