/7/ Coincidence

"Who?" Olivia raised an eyebrow mischievously, clearly excitedly scheming to sprinkle some more rumors and gossip.

"Does it matter? You can have your golden nickel baby regardless." I rolled my eyes.

"'Livie, I know you enjoy gossiping but like, Raven's our friend so please get over the fact she's prettier than you and stop trying to get us tangled in drama again." Aimee sighed.

I choked on my juice. "Me and pretty don't sound right in a sentence," I coughed.

Olivia giggled. "Even she agrees."

--☆--

Although I enjoyed hanging out with them at lunch, I still decided to sit alone in my usual spot on the bus. Occasionally they would come over and irritate talk to me. As the bus pulled over to my neighborhood, I squinted to see through the blindness of the sun to see an unfamiliar car parked in front of my house's driveway.

I've known all of my mom's friends' cars since they come over often but I've never seen this red car. I shrugged it off and hopped off the bus, strolling onto my porch.

"Raven? Sweetie, someone's here to see you," I heard my mom yell from the kitchen as I stepped in. I took off my jacket and shoes before hollering back, "Who?"

Without waiting for a reply I ran toward the kitchen. No way. Memories of summer camp rushed in my brain as I quickly recognized the boy. It was that pervert. I think he recognized me too, because as I came in he started choking on his water, with his eyes bulging as he eyed me. My mom was sitting next to him, excitedly shooting him glances as she spoke.

"Why didn't you tell me you're taking Jordan's friend to the Back to School Dance? I didn't know you were serious on going, and I certainly didn't know you'd have a date! So, how did you meet? When will you be dating?"

Please, Mom.

There was a lot of tension that my mom was oblivious to. She was practically asking about our non-existent relationship when he sat there awkwardly.

"Um, mom. We aren't dating."

"I know, I'm asking when you will." She continued to be extremely oblivious. Oh my goodness, how much more embarrassing can this get?

"Ahem." Austin cleared his throat uncomfortably, as he gave me weird glances.

"Mom, he's just a friend— or um, someone i know. I just needed a date to go with." I groaned.

"But, child! A date is a significant other you will be spending the dance with! I mean, you're lucky Austin is a decent guy but it's a waste." She lectured. Lord, give me strength.

"Mom, please. Can we talk about this later? You're producing so much tension right now." I wailed, burying my face in my hands.

My mom exchanged glances with Austin. Finally she's figured it out.

"Oh, oops. Sorry kids. Anyway," She chuckled. "You two do whatever you need to do, I'll be upstairs." She trampled upstairs, with a gigantic smirk as if she was hinting for something to happen when we were alone. God, this woman.

"I didn't know I'd ever meet Thracitey-kins again, let alone spend the night at a school dance with my princess." Austin sipped his water, not breaking the intense stare.

"Well hello to you, mister." I rolled my eyes.

"I never knew you would become so much prettier after a few weeks though." He smirked, resting his face in his cupped hands while leaning in on his elbows.

Okay, I have to admit I blushed a little, and my heart raced for a split second before I pulled away quickly. What? It's hard for your heart to not flutter when there's a really good-looking boy staring back at you closely while complimenting you. And now, with better lighting, I noticed how flawless he actually was.