Plans

Sitting there by Pinetree's little nest, petting him, as he and our spawn slept, I thought over what I was about to do. There wasn't any way to go back after it was done, not that that was a option before. The plan must progress.

It would be the final straw for him. It will seal the deal and Pinetree will end me. End this nightmare I made.

I eyed my son laying hidden beneath his mother's protective  arm. I couldn't help but smile at the image of pure innocence among insanity.
Such a small bearer of news. Baron sounds like a suitable name for him. Pinetree was right, William Jr would be a horrid name for such a beautiful child.

Twirling a lock of brown curls around my finger, thinking of how to get Pinetree to move his arm. A hum rolled out past my lips as ideas and plots came to mind, some were dismissed while others could be considered optimal.

Maybe something just simple would work.

Slithering my hand down his shoulder and arm, I attempted to reach under the limb that caged the infant from behind. As expected the arm shifted instantly followed with a warning growl.

Without hesitation I reached in with my other hand and took the child into my grasp, removing my other hand from position so it didn't receive a new bite mark. I scoot a small bit away and waited for Pinetree to relax again, cradling Baron in my arms for the first time ever.

Pinetree relaxed some after a moment and showed no sign of waking up, I stood up from my seat beside the small nest. I took a moment to admire the infant in my arms; his pudgy face relaxed with peaceful slumber not a bit disturbed with being removed from his mother's side, the pale blonde tuft sticking up atop his pale scalp, I smoothed it down gently stroking his head. I felt a smile spread on my face. No words could ever describe the feeling blooming in my chest.

I cradled him closer to my chest giving one final glance to Pinetree's sleeping form. "I'm sorry." I murmured softly then disappeared out the bedroom door.