Chapter 8

Me and Dan walked out of his bedroom once I had my t-shirt and my hoodie from yesterday back on.

‘Carys, do you want anything from back home?’ I ask her before we leave.

‘I’ll text you if I do, okay?’ she replies, still cuddled up to Phil.

I smiled at them. They were so cute. ‘Okay, see you both in a bit.’ After we all shouted bye, me and Dan left the house. Dan linked his fingers with mine again, making me smile as we walked side by side. About halfway there, I got a text from Carys asking me to get some things for her.

I reply that I will and we carry on walking. Once we get there, I run upstairs, while Dan follows me, asking if I want help.

‘No, I’m fine, it’s not like you know where anything is anyway’ I laugh. I make sure to grab some pyjama bottoms because I was planning on wearing one of Dan’s t-shirts to bed again. I get my toothbrush, hairbrush, some clothes and some make-up.

Dan sighs when he sees me put the make-up in the bag. ‘Really?’ he asks with an eyebrow raised.

‘Dan, have you seen what I look like right now? You’re lucky I actually walked out of that house looking like this’ I tell him with my hands on my hips, making him smirk.

‘Yes, I see what you look like right now and you look beautiful’ he tells me, smiling.

‘You are such a suck up’ I tell him, jokingly, making him laugh.

I grab Carys’ stuff and my phone charger. Just as we are about to leave, my phone goes off. It was from someone I hadn’t seen in a while, Allison. We used to be quite close too, until she moved away. Although I like her, Carys doesn’t. She has a pretty good reason though I guess. When Carys was with her last boyfriend about 2 years ago, she caught him cheating on her with Ali. They had a big argument and even got into a physical fight because of it. I don’t think Allison like Carys too much either.

‘Hey Courtney! I’m coming into London next week and I wanted a catch up with you! Is it okay if I stay at yours for around a night or 2? xx’

Shit. Carys isn’t going to be happy with this.

I quickly text back ‘Hey Ali! I’ll have to check with Carys and I’ll get back to you but I think it should be fine! xx’

I sigh, going into the living room and sitting down with my head in my hands. What the fuck am I supposed to do now?

‘Courtney? What’s wrong?’ Dan asks, sitting down beside me with his arm around me.

I show him the text. ‘I don’t get it?’ he says after handing me back my phone. I tell him who Allison is and why it’s a problem that she wants to come stay with us.

‘When I mention this to Carys, she’s going to blow a fuse’ I tell him, sighing.

Dan stands up, pulling me up with him and wraps his arms around me, pulling me into a warm and comforting hug, which is probably the one thing I need right now.

‘It’ll be fine, Courtney. As long as this Ali girl or whatever her name is doesn’t try anything with me or Phil, it’ll all be fine, I promise. Me and Phil will be there when you tell Carys, okay?’ he reassures me, running his fingers through my long, blonde hair that’s slightly wavy as I hadn’t straightened it this morning.

I pull away after a while. ‘Thanks, I needed that’ I say, making him smile.

‘No problem, it’s what I’m here for’ he tells me before I kiss him and pull him towards the door, picking up my backpack on the way.