Chapter 11

-A few days later-

These last few days have gone by so quickly, I forgot what day it was today. Ali was coming down for the night tonight. Shit.

As the days went on, I was dreading her coming here more and more. I just had a bad feeling about her coming here. I probably shouldn’t because she’s my friend but I can’t shake off the feeling that something will fuck up while she’s here.

The morning after Dan had his nightmare, I woke up before him. I was still worried about him. I know it was only a dream but it frightened the life out of me. I shift, trying not to wake him but his eyes flutter open.

‘Hi’ he mumbles sleepily.

‘Hiya’ I say back, my Welsh accent as strong as ever, making me groan inwardly. ‘I didn’t mean to wake you, sorry’ I say back.

‘No it’s fine’ he smiles down at me and his grasp around my waist becomes tighter.

I start to trace shapes on him arm with my finger, making him laugh.

I smile up at him as he kisses my forehead.

After getting up to find Carys and Phil were already up too, me and Carys decided to go back to our neglected house for a few days. Carys would go back to Dan and Phil’s in the day before Ali came.

I missed Dan so much, at nights the most. My bed just felt so cold and empty although I had only slept with Dan for about 2 nights.

It was now 1 o’clock in the afternoon and I made sure there was food in the house and that it was clean for when Ali came. There was a weird feeling in my stomach that just wouldn’t go away but I ignored it. She had texted me saying that she was coming around 2 PM. Carys left at 12, wanting to get away from Ali for as long as possible.

I sat down, texting Dan and watching TV.

‘When are you coming back? I miss you:( xx’ He texts, making me smile.

‘Soon! I’ll come back tomorrow after Ali leaves okay?xx’

‘Yeah! Have fun tonight beautiful!xx’ I sigh. I really wish I didn’t agree to her coming here. I don’t even know why I feel like this, either. Ali’s my friend. It’s not like she would try anything with Dan if she saw him. Would she?

I sigh and text him back. I’ll try. I’m worried, Dan xx’

‘You have nothing to be worried about, you’ll be fine! I’ll come and get you tomorrow xx’

I texted back saying ‘ok’ and the door knocks. I groan to myself and get up off the sofa, sighing. I open the door to find Ali stood there. She looks the same as she did when she was last here. Her long hair falls in curls about halfway down her back. I think it’s a little shorter than my hair though. Her green eyes stand out as she looks at me, excitedly.

‘Courtney!’ she says as she hugs me.

‘Hiya, Ali!’ I say, hugging her back. I take her bag and put it by the stairs before leading her into the living room. We sit down and watch some TV, catching up as we do so.

‘So… do you have a boyfriend yet?’ Ali asks with a smile on her face. Here we go.

‘Actually I do’ I tell her. When I started watching youtubers more a few years ago, we were still close. She watched a few videos with me but she didn’t really like them that much. She thought they were ‘stupid and immature’. Should I tell her? I suppose I’ll just tell her his name. That won’t do any harm. Will it? ‘His name’s Dan’ I say, smiling proudly at her.