There's still hope

I was up on the roof overlooking the city and finally getting some air. The air I needed.

“Harry” I heard her smooth voice from behind and I turned to see her with a guilty face “I’m sorry” she said.

“I just realized now, that I probably don’t know you all that well.” She muttered but I just turned my back to her and sighed.

“You know I got this place for the roof” she said “I was gonna do a whole garden out here, eventually...” I turned around to see her looking at the emptiness of the roof.

“I think, now I’m babbling, I uh, I’m really sorry. Most people that deal with stuff like this find it really helpful to talk about things”

I turned, flushed with anger. “I DON’T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT” I yelled.

She stood there just staring at me, with her simple but beautiful face. I immediately regretted yelling but what’s done is done.

I just, really didn’t want to talk about it. She was my only one true love. I have never ever loved anyone as much as I loved Vanessa but she broke my heart. Why would I ever want to talk about that? Why would I ever want to look so vulnerable? Especially in front of a girl like Cynthia, a girl as stunning but still annoying.

“Anger works too” She mumbled.

I turned around and looked at the city again, determined not to give in and look back at her again.

“Vanessa, her name was Vanessa”

“Who’s Vanessa?” she asked lightly.

“She was the only girl I ever loved.” I said and left the roof to go take a walk.

I arrived at a bar but just as I was about to open the door, Cynthia’s perfectly manicured hand appeared in front of my eyes and in front of the door.

“Don’t. This isn’t going to help anything.” She said with sad eyes, her big beautiful light brown eyes.

“Oh really, how would you know? Have you ever been in a bar in your life?” I said opening the door.

As soon as I walked in my ears flooded with the sound of late night moving music.

I saw Louis right there with Eleanor and I think maybe one of Eleanor’s friends right next to her since they all seemed like a group. I didn’t realize Cynthia walked in with me until she came up beside me and crossed her arms on her chest.

“Hey you finally came out babe!” Louis said cheerfully. I said hi to Eleanor and she introduced me to her friend.

“What are you drinking?” Louis asked.

“A coffee” Cynthia said, even though only I could hear her.

“A scotch!” I yelled.

“Don’t you dare!” She yelled.

“Make it a double!” I said to the bartender and he nodded.

“Hey, don’t wait; I could start the hangover right now!” She said as she began to try to stick her hand through my face, except I kept dodging it.

Louis thought I was doing some sort of dance move so he began doing the same exact thing I was doing.

“You can’t drink these feelings away Harry” Cynthia said forcefully.

“Watch me!” I yelled.

“Um” Louis said, giving me a weirded out face “So are you okay?” He smiled.