A Test Run

When Jack woke up this time, he came to see someone that should not have been here.

"Christine? What are you doing here? How did you even get into my house?" Jack asks.

"I know where you keep your spare key, duh." Christine laughs. "Be glad Gabby and I are the only ones."

"Right. Anyways, you eat breakfast yet? I didn't because well, you get the idea." Jack says.

"I kinda forgot! What have you got?" Christine asks.

"I can make some cinnamon oatmeal if you want. Otherwise I'm going to be having the usual grits." Jack replies.

"Dude you eat those literally every other day! Isn't it time you ate something else for breakfast?" Christine asks.

"At least it's healthy." Jack chuckles as he makes some oatmeal for Christine and grits for himself, grabbing a small handful of mozzarella to flavor said grits. The two chowed down and after that was done the two headed to Tran and Co. Law Offices. Something else seemed off as another car was in the parking lot.

"Gabrielle's busy at her own office and Gabriella isn't with us right now so... Who's car is in the lot?" Christine asks as she gets out of her car.

"Beats me. Looks like the driver is still behind the wheel." Jack replies as he gets out of his car. It's not long before the driver of the unknown car steps out and all is made clear soon enough.

"Mia?" Christine and Jack ask.

"Yep, it's me." Mia replies.

"What brings you here?" Jack asks.

"You didn't get the memo?" Mia asks. "The judges have been talking about a trial without witnesses, just the evidence."

"Weird. Wonder how that works." Jack replies.

"I don't know myself, but they're looking for a few defense attorneys and prosecutors to give it a trial run." Mia says. "I was one of the many picked out. Wanna be alongside me for the trial?"

"Sure. Why not?" Jack replies as they shake hands. "Who's on the prosecution?"

"A man named Miles Edgeworth. Haven't heard of him but I hear he's vicious in the courtroom. They say he'll do anything for a guilty verdict." Mia explains. "And there's another prosecutor aside from the one you've been going against. She's got short, blonde hair and she is kinda short."

"Mackenzie? Yep, went against her." Jack replies. "I assume they'll give us all the evidence we need in one go?"

"Pretty sure." Mia replies. "It's in the same courthouse, but different room. Apparently Courtroom No. 5 was closed off so they could redesign it just for this test trial." And with that Mia gets in her car, but she runs into a problem. The problem is later made evident by the sound of an unwilling engine.

"Come on!" Mia complains. After a few more tries the car stops turning over completely. Mia then gives up and looks at Jack, giving him the bambi eyes. "You wouldn't mind giving me a ride?" Christine snickers at the move.

"Mia, you know you don't have to do that. He would have given you a ride anyways." Christine laughs.

"It was working fine just a few minutes ago!" Mia says, kicking the tire of her car.

"I mean at least it got you here. When we get back I'll see if I can find the problem." Jack replies as he and Mia get in his car. Christine gets in her car and they all drive off to the district court to see what this test trial holds.