Chapter One: The description of Us!

There was a knock on the door. I opened it, and it was him. Of all the people that could show up at my door it was him. My freshmen and sophomore year crush. The one person that my ex-best friend got that I didn't. The one person that I needed most. But she got. Well, it was Jacob. We had all grown up together, Joey, Jacob, and me Jacklyn. We were all born in Australia. We had grown up together. All of our parents were friends. So naturally, I became best friends with Joey. And we both ended up becoming friends with Jacob.

It all started in Kindergarten, we were all five, and didn't really know very many people. We kind of just stuck to our group. Then came first grade. We became a little more popular. Then in second grade, we had our own group. Everyone called us the JJJ Crew. Since all of our names started with J's. But since we always hung out, people always asked Jacob who he was dating. And he always said no one. I always smiled at him when he said it, because when he said neither of us, that made me feel like, he didn't really choose who he liked more. Which was a good thing.

Then came third and fourth grade. We had our own designated spot, and everyone was always fighting because they all wanted to sit with us. It took forever to organize everything so different people got to sit with us. But then came fifth grade, and I moved. Everything was so different. I was in America. I had no friends, I didn't know anybody, and most of all, I wanted to go home. I missed my JJJ crew. I begged my dad all of that year for us to move back home. And finally at the end of the school year, we did.

As we boarded the plane, I was so excited to go back home and see my friends, and start sixth grade year. I wanted so desperately for the plane to load and go faster, but no matter how hard I wished it wouldn't happen. But finally we landed, and I walked into the baggage claim. Thats where I saw Joey. She had a sign in one hand, and a hand in the other. But that wasn't just any hand, it was Jacobs hand. My heart shattered into a million pieces. But I put on my smile, and ran over and hugged them both. But then I stood back, because I felt tears crawling at me from behind my eyes. And I ran. I ran so fast I felt like one of those Jets taking off on a runway.

The guy I needed to see the most, and he was taken. By my best friend. I could not believe what I was seeing. But I guess thats what I get for leaving for a year. And we were only in sixth grade so it shouldn't have mattered. Right? Especially since we were so young and couldn't go on dates. But then came seventh grade year, and whenever I went over to Joeys it would always be about Jacob, and how he was such a good boyfriend, and how he was always so great and nice to her.

She never once asked me how my year away was. It's like she just blocked everything out, when she thought about him. It was like everything just floated away. And then there was eighth grade. That was the worst year, because they would kiss, and they would always be together, and would sit by each other in all their classes. And I always felt like a third wheel. And when I moved to the other side of the room, they didn't even notice.

It was like that almost through the entire freshmen year. But at the end they started having problems. And it was during the end of Freshmen year, that I stopped being friends with Joey. And she always asked me why we stopped being friends. But I could never muster up enough courage tell her that the reason that we stopped being friends was because of a guy. So I never did. I just ignored her when she asked the question. Of course when she asked it, I would burst into tears though, and Jacob would come running over to me, which made it even worse. I would ball and ball and ball. I could never be in the same room with those two. Especially when Jacob sat behind me and stroked my back.

But then there was the summer before Sophomore year. That was when their relationship went of the deep end and they would fight. It was like a relief. And I feel like a terrible person to say that. But that meant that they would break up and things might have been able to go back to normal. A load of heaviness came off of me. And Jacob and I went back to normal. Him and I would hang out, until one day I saw him kiss another girl. Then I just pushed him away, and I could never explain why whenever he would ask me.