Chapter 5: Leaving Again?!

So the party was a total fun fest and was the talk of the school for the next two weeks. Which is the longest a party has been talked about. Which was weird because usually mine were talked about a lot. I was the best party host. Everyone liked my parties. But since it was a birthday bash it was even better. which I wasn't the jealous type or anything especially since I taught him everything he knows. But it was Monday morning and I was hoping that this weekend went by quickly, because I desperately needed a spa weekend. My back ached and my skin had so many dark circles even death couldn't look worse.  But my parents were coming home on Tuesday so I was excited to spend the week with them. Hopefully they didn't need to leave again for quite some time.

FAST-FORWARD a bit to Tuesday at the airport. My parents came down the escalator and they were waiving frantically. they were as exited to see me as I was to see them. They got off the escalator and ran at me and hugged me so tight I was surprised I could still breath. We waited for their luggage to come around and then we went to the car and drove home. I had prepared a home cooked meal for my parents since I was sure that they were tire of fast food and most of all airplane food. I just really hoped that I did it right. But I also made sure that the house was clean for them so they didn't have to do anything.

We sat at the dinner table and chatted about the places they all went to for business and for all the exotic things they tried for me because I had wanted to go but I needed to start school in the fall. So they talked about the exotic things and then they brought out the postcards they got me. but then they also told me that there was something in the garage for me. Which I didn't think that there was anything in there except my car because I never heard the door open. But when I looked sure enough there was a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Next Generation Icon in a deep emerald green that I had been wanting ever since I heard about it. Which this was a great place to have it because we never get snow ever. It was single cabbed but had 4 seats and the top comes off or summer. Which more than likely I will keep it down all the time.

But then they sat me down and talked about the next trip they had to go on for business and I thought that they wouldn't have to go until summer when I could go but they said next week. "Wait a minute, hold on, you mean to tell me that you have to leave me again, and you bought me a car to soften the blow? Is that what the car was for? Because that didn't work and I thought that the next thing would be in summer so that I could go with you. But turns out I was wrong again." 

"We're sorry honey but we thought that you'd be able to go and we thought that you would be okay with it since you'd have the whole house for yourself, and you could throw parties and stuff too. But I guess not. We're sorry honey. But at least we can spend time together this week before we leave again."

So we spent time together and had fun and we went to some places we hadn't been to in awhile. So all in all I had fun. But I was very unwilling to take them to the airport. I really didn't want to see them leave again but I watched them leave again. And that was okay, because at least I'm learning to be independent. While being independent. 

Hey Guys, it McKenzie here, and I'm glad you have stuck with reading this series. I'm sorry if It seems to be getting repetitive. But I am so grateful for all of you readers. I hope You all had and Amazing Christmas and got Everything you asked for.

Sincerely, McKenzie DeKok