Chapter 5

(A/N: I don't own either songs mentioned in this chapter; I just thought they'd be good in this fic.)

117 Days Before

Chapter 5

Ymir's POV

        Fifty hours in, and roughly thirty eight cans of RedBull later, we're about an hour or so away. 

        It wasn't a completely boring drive. When Christa got too tired to stay awake, she'd fall asleep in the back seat. Even when she snored, she managed to be cute. 

        Dumb blonde girl bein' all cute and shit. 

        She was sitting next to me, blasting Blink-182. 

        Say it ain't so

        I will not go

        Turn the lights off

        Carry me home

        Christa was singing with her eyes closed, her fingers drumming on the side of my car. I could barely hear her voice over the music. I glanced at her eyes one more time to make sure they were closed, and shut off the music. For just a split second, I heard her voice fill the car.

        "Hey, why'd you turn off the music?" she playfully hit my arm. 

        'I wanted to hear you sing." she snorted and hit me again. 

        "I suck at singing." she crossed her arms. 

        "Oh, come on, you can't be that bad. What's your favorite song?" I hit her back lightly. 

        "What?" she asked.

        "Sing your favorite song for me." I pleaded. 

        "Why?"

        "I just want to hear you sing, dumbass." she hit my arm again. 

        "Ugh, fine." she pulled out her phone and started playing a song. 

        Don't panic, no not yet

        I know I'm the one you want to forget

        Cue all the love to leave my heart

        It's time for me to fall apart.

        Christa's voice filled the car with perfection. It's almost like the song Miss Missing You was made for her to sing. 

        Now you're gone, but I'll be okay

        Your hot whiskey eyes have fanned the flames

        Maybe I'll burn a little brighter tonight

        Let the fire bring me back to life

        We made it. The buildings showed in the distance. I sped up as much as I could without causing an accident. Christa grabbed my hand. 

        Baby, you were my picket fence

        I miss missing you, now and then

        Chlorine kissed summer skin

        I miss missing you, now and then. 

        She shut off the music and proceeded to glare at me. 

        "Okay, dick cheese, now it's your turn to sing for me."

        "Dick cheese?" I couldn't help but laugh. 

        "Yes, that's what I chose to call you. Now sing!" she hit my arm again.

        "Maybe someday." I pulled into a parking garage. 

        "Come on! You made me sing!" she kept hitting my arm, but it didn't do much damage. 

        "No, I'm not singing unless you want your ears to bleed." I said, parking the car. "Hey." Christa turned to face me. 

        "We're here." she smiled like the big idiot I fell in love with, and jumped out of the car. I handed her our luggage out of the trunk when I grabbed her waist and pulled her close enough to kiss. After several, blissful seconds, I released. 

        "Happy birthday, beautiful."