Chapter 12

Slit your wrist and cut your thighs.
Fake a smile and dry your eyes.
Hate yourself and hate your life.
Welcome to my world if lies.

~unkown

A/N: this chapter is sponsored by my sweet cat OwO. Are your ready for this?

Storms POV!

🔙 Back to deceit being an asshat ➡

Pain. Pain rushes through my ribs and mind as I watch Virgil again. I usually don't watch, but listening makes the pain more intense. After the man in the black hat left I just stare; he looks so broken. So utterly destroyed that his face shows no emotion.

I saw him shake his head as I let out a tiny mewl. He, at first, swayed towards me, his arm bent at an uncomfortable angle. The man with the dark bags under his eyes then picked me up and walked to the dim bathroom. I want to heal him, but I can't when weak.

You see, I am no ordinary kitten. When I was being attacked by those two boys they weren't real. They were illusions. I did that to see who, or rather what, would help a mystical creature like me. That something just happened to be Virgil; which shocked me more than anything.

He was frail and looked to be anxious when I first lay my piercing ice blue eyes on him. He looked like no more than someone who would steal a glance then advert eye contact, pretending not to see a thing. But his looks were certainly not the same as his mindset.

I still remember the way he 'shoved' those two 'men' out if the way. He shouted for them to go away and a few other curses; then he picked me up with the gentlest of touch and held me close. The sky started to turn grey, and soon drops of dew fell from the heavens. I think that's why he named me Storm.

I am awoken from my thoughts by being placed into the soft bed he calls a 'hammock'. The fabric against my sore rib was actually quite comforting and before I knew it, my rib was being put back in place. The cracking of my bones being put back into place was the only thing I could hear, and as painful as it was, it was unusually satisfying. I gave a soft purr and stretched my flexible bones.

You see I'm a special, or mythical as humans call it, creature. I am an Akuma No Neko; which is a Demon Cat if you were wondering. I originally came from Hell of course then, with my companions, we went to Japan, slowly migrating over to America.

Most of the time we would torment children and wives, giving them nightmares or telling them terrible things during their dreams. We do have the ability to heal ourselves or others but it takes lots of training to be able to perform such things. I was very much a black cat once back in the day, but I have since changed my ways. I have become a pure white cat.

I don't exactly know the process on how I became so... So me, but I do know that I died. Thus becoming reborn.

I hear a clatter from the bathroom as Virgil searches for something. No doubt his miniature weaponry. I am no fool and I do know what Virgil does when he's stressed, that's why I can't transform or talk in front if him.

Yes, I speak English. I am just descised as a normal average kitten remember? Yea. I know the whole breaking the fourth wall too; well back to the story then shall we...

My eyes snap to the bathroom door creaking open and the light rushing into the dim room. Virgil still had not changed his black sheets but that was not my main concern. My main concern was his hands. They were shaking as though a tsunami had wrecked both his body and mind, leaving him as nothing more than devastated.

I yawn, curling my salmon tongue as it exists my mouth. My paws already moving me towards his bed, I jump up and sink into the black sea. I pounce on each lump and I hear Virgil chuckle as I get stuck. He picks me up with one hand whilst his other rests against his chest, he then sets me down on his lap gently. His fingers run along my silky white fur and I roll onto my back, attacking his fingers that were shaking not to long ago.

His face turns twists into one of curiosity and he lightly nudges my sides. I didn't do anything, I just started for a while not making a peep.
I thin try and roll back onto my feet, finding it extremely difficult but eventually I had gotten there. Virgil's eyes then started flutter shut as he leaned back onto the dark shaded pillows.

My head turns as I watch his chest rise and fall at a comfortable pace, and soft breaths came from his mouth. I prance up to his chest and push my face against his, making sure my hypothesis was correct before llcurling my body into his neck. Enjoying the feeling of him breathing, and bathing in the warmth of his body I try my best to get some form of rest.

But that doesn't happen.

At the moment my mind is clouded with worry for the man I lay upon. Why should he feel such pain and ensue such torment? If I had a choice I would have murdered that son of a female dog. But that's not our God's plan; not just yet. I am here to give those who are worthy powers yes, but I'm not sure if Virgil is stable enough in his own mind just yet. But, on the other hand, if I gave him powers now he could defend himself against the wicked man.

After moments and moments of contemplating I'll finally concluded my decision.

I will give one power and test if he is stable enough. And without any further hesitation, I walk slide of his neck and bite just under his chin. My teeth piercing the soft flesh as blood pools in my mouth. The metallic taste never failing to send shivers down my spine. I finally detach myself from his skin and look at the small bite mark.

That should do. I think to myself as my eyes start to close.

That should give him the, power... to, sh...shape...shift.

I hope this wasn't a stupid decision...

A/N: so... This was pretty shit don't you agree? So sorry it took so long btw. Well, hoped you enjoyed!