Old Friend

(Oliver’s POV)
I blinked at the girl in front of me. I was in pure disbelieve at who I was looking at. I slowly walked out from behind the counter and she ran towards me, engulfing me in a nearly bone crushing hug. She had gotten a lot stronger. I hugged back and felt my shoulder getting wet. She was crying. “Cupcake what’s wrong?” She shook her head and pulled away, giving me a large grin. A grin I remember from forever ago.

“That’s just it Oliver, nothing’s wrong… Everything’s right…” I wasn’t use to such kindness and so I blushed heavily. It was hard to recognize her at first, with her different hair style and her dark clothes. She almost looked like someone Allen would know. I wonder what happened to her… I was broken out of my thoughts when the little girl, who was about 2 when I met her, grinned.

“Oooh, sissy has a boyfriend!” I blushed again and was about to protest when (Y/n) Chimed in.

“No, no,no. We gotta at least catch up before we make that decision.” she winked at me and giggled. I just smiled and rubbed the back of my neck nervously. I then looked at the now 8 year old Joanne.

“I remember you were about 2 when we last met.” The smaller version of (Y/N) looked confused and alarmed.
“I know you?!” I laughed. She was so cute. Not as cute as her sister, who finally stopped crying. I nodded and turned to her sister. (Y/N) Grinned as wide as I usually do, which was kind of alarming after I looked into her eyes. She had her usual eyes, only instead of bright and cheery, her eyes looked almost dead. She must not have had many friends anymore or something, but I was determined to get to the bottom of it.

   “Cupcake? What’s been going on?” I tried my best to have a normal conversation, but concern and worry laced my voice. She frowned and her expression seemed to darken, as if she had something she was hiding.

   “I’ll tell you in private... “ She said in an all too familiar tone. The one I use before murdering out of anger. I frowned, my eyes losing light as well. She handed her sister the cell phone and I grabbed her hand gently and took her into the back room.. She sighed and looked up. “I moved for a reason. At my old school… they started to hurt me..” She let out a small giggle. “So, I hurt them back~” She had the crazy eyes. “Then… the hospital said I had to leave or else I couldn’t go back to school…. So mom and dad took us here..” I frowned. I wanted to kill every single one of them. She never deserved this! She was amazing, beautiful, and smart. If only I didn’t leave…. I sighed and hugged her.

   “It won’t happen again. I promise.” I held her tightly as she smiled sadly and hugged back. “I know what will make you feel all better.” She tilted her head and had a questionable look. I grinned my large grin and handed her a cupcake. She gasped and smiled, taking the cupcake. She ate it and her eyes widened. She looked as if it was the best thing she’s eaten all week.

   “Oliver, this is amazing! You’ve gotten so much better!” I blushed slightly and smiled. i rarely get compliments on my cupcakes, so I was happy to hear she liked them. She smiled back and took my hand before going back out to where Joanne was. She giggled when she saw us, and (Y/n) Took her phone back. I handed the little girl a cupcake and she gasped before eating it messily. (Y/n) Looked at me and tilted her head. “Hey Olie, when do you get out of work?” I thought for a moment and grinned.